Kessil

Confirmed - Sunday, Nov 12 - Moving IM 150g tank from garage into hallway front entrance

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but I am looking for folks to help move the new tank this coming weekend.

Need 3-4 people.
Location of tank: Walnut Creek, garage.
Destination: Front entrance hallway.
Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Time: 11 am

Please reply here or send me message.

I am very flexible for this weekend and if different times or days are preferred, that works for me too, just let me know.

Thank you,
Alex

Last edited:
Hi, I should be available to help. I also have the small suction cups and will bring them with me. You have my number already. Keeping me updated via text works better for me. I will also bring your slimeball acro.

I have made a video to show the path from the garage to its final destination, for those who are still on the fence :), and for transparency purposes.

Saturday is a no go (same, kids), but if you still needs hands on a different day I can help. I have suction cup handles and dollies if you want to borrow.

Last edited:
I’ll be out of town on Saturday, otherwise I’d be in. Especially since I’m considering this tank myself lol. Best of luck!

Thank you still. Would still be great to hear your thoughts on equipment etc, although I am making good progress. Finalized the purchase on the lighting mount for my Reefi lights, which was more DIY than I had planned. Aquascape is the remaining headache for me at the moment. Will post here if the date changes if we do not have enough folks to help.

I have a question related to this ‘project’ - what should I buy to move the tank after we are able to lift it onto the stand so that I can move it later closer to the wall by myself when the plumbing is completed? It comes with precut/plug-and-play plumbing, so it should not be as tricky, but it will still not be possible to be done on the spot, I believe :).

I have bought some sliders, but I am unsure if this is a good idea. Is there any proven practice on how this can work?

This is what I bought:

IMG_1123.png

I have a question related to this ‘project’ - what should I buy to move the tank after we are able to lift it onto the stand so that I can move it later closer to the wall by myself when the plumbing is completed? It comes with precut/plug-and-play plumbing, so it should not be as tricky, but it will still not be possible to be done on the spot, I believe :).

I have bought some sliders, but I am unsure if this is a good idea. Is there any proven practice on how this can work?

This is what I bought:

View attachment 50509
I’d imagine these would work fine. If you wanted to save the $22 you could just use folded card board square cutouts. They work just as good if not better imo

Back