got ethical husbandry?

Damn LOW LIGHTING at the Cow Palace!

kinetic

Supporting Member
I forgot how freakin dark it was in the cow palace for the garden show. Shoot me in the foot for leaving the tripod in the car. At least I had my 50 f/1.8 with me. My 105 f/2.8 macro was shooting at ISO 1600 to 3200 the entire time. Really sucked, I wish I had VR in that situation. So I gave up on macros, and went for my 50mm and hoped to get some massive Bokeh in that crowded place.

Anyway, I went there with my mother, she had a great time =) I took some pix:
http://flickr.com/search/show/?q=garden+show&m=tags&w=20646426%40N00&s=int

Teasers:

[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=3355.msg37927#msg37927 date=1205656486]
Nice Art.
First one just killed me on the spot ;-)
[/quote]

thanks! that's the only shot where there was "decent" lighting. =) thus I kept the color saturated correctly.

Great pictures Art, I went yesterday with the girlfriend... and her mom and aunt, me and the g/f came back later that day after 5pm and man that was a night and day difference as far as crowds were, it was so much nicer and relaxed. Anyways I took some pictures too, however they aren't all artsy and nice :D

Oh really? I was there at 4:30pm till about 8pm with my mom. The crowds weren't bad at all, near the end I was like one of the only people still walking around, haha =) Too bad I didn't bump into you.

Post your pictures, I'm sure they're good too =)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3355.msg37936#msg37936 date=1205680257]
Great pictures Art, I went yesterday with the girlfriend... and her mom and aunt, me and the g/f came back later that day after 5pm and man that was a night and day difference as far as crowds were, it was so much nicer and relaxed. Anyways I took some pictures too, however they aren't all artsy and nice :D

[/quote]

Ok 1: My pictures are not "good"
2: I'm not concerned about the macro shots as a result
3: The sets are so large that the use of a flash doesn't help THAT much since everything is at a different distance

I'll post the pictures in my thread though, they are not photography forum worth

Hey, what's the rock placement w/the ferns in the next to the last shot in the first set?

Looks rather interesting. Nice set of pics, Art.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3355.msg38058#msg38058 date=1205778692]
Hey, what's the rock placement w/the ferns in the next to the last shot in the first set?

Looks rather interesting. Nice set of pics, Art.
[/quote]

It was part of the bonzai plant exhibit that they had.

Interesting stuff. I'm converting my starfire over to a dry plant setup in the office. That would look nice with some foreground surrounding it.

Your pictures just keep getting better. I might need to start putting them on my walls. Do you trade frags for prints?

[quote author=Qwiv link=topic=3355.msg38162#msg38162 date=1205803815]
Your pictures just keep getting better. I might need to start putting them on my walls. Do you trade frags for prints?
[/quote]

Thanks =)

I do prints pretty infrequently, but sure I can do frags for prints hehe =) It'll take some time to do a print, I usually wait until I have about a dozen different shots I want to print before getting them through.

Back