Jestersix

DBTC Birdnest

alve

I have these 3 bird nest frags available. They have slightly purple polyps.

Regular DBTC rules apply.

BirdnestDBTC.jpg

I got these from the raffle at the April meeting. It just said bird nest on there so I am not sure what color it is supposed to be. I made 5 frags from it and am planning on keeping one to see what it turns into. Could be something, could also be that it stays tan. Curious what it could turn into in other peoples setup.

If it's from the April meeting chances are it's a pink birdsnest form Chris at AC. It needs tons of light to get pink, it'll go neon if you make it happy.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3675.msg42914#msg42914 date=1210556902]
so this birdsnest is the exception to the "low light=more color" on the birdsnest?
[/quote]Yep

Good to know, I have been keeping them pretty low in the tank and will move them up slowly.

Anybody wants to give one a try and see how it turns out?

[quote author=alve link=topic=3675.msg42920#msg42920 date=1210557652]
Good to know, I have been keeping them pretty low in the tank and will move them up slowly.
[/quote]

I got two of them at the meeting and put one high in the tank and one low. The high one is pink and growing like mad, the low one is pretty pale and does have a little growth but nothing compared to its sibling.

I most likely won't make it to the next meeting because I will probably have to work till 5pm. If you go to the meeting you could pick it up from me at work that day. I work in Hayward, only about a mile and a half from where the meeting is.
I could try to drop it off at ASAP just before the meeting and give it to someone there but not sure if I will have time to get out.

Eric, PM sent.

Dan, you got it, you can pick up at my house.
Let me know when you would like to pick up. Thursday won't work, picking up Mr. Ugly's smoker after work :)

1. Ibn
2. Musclebenz

Frag picked up today by bluetang_2000, 2 more available if anyone interested. Color still hasn't changed but it might take a while. A green bird nest frag I have took 8 months to change from tan/brown to clearly visible green polyps.

Still two available if anyone wants to try to get some color out of these. They are supposed to get a nice pink under high lighting which I haven't had them under. Now I have my frag tank set up I will move them high up to the light and see what happens.

Back