Neptune Aquatics

Debating on switching from 2 part dosing to calcium reactor.

Would making the switch be beneficial in th elong run? pros and cons between the 2? I sometime forget to dose my 2 part and with my SPS colony steady growing, I;d lik eto keep the tank more stable. I've been thinking of purchasing few drew dosers but then i woulkd have to purchase a controller of type right? Thank fo rthe help!

I run 2 drew's on regular timers ......set it and forget it.

Only problem I had with Cal RX was having to mess with the effluent drip every few days .

Dosing 2 part manually can be problematic, especially if you neglect or forget something, but 2 part with a doser becomes almost effortless, with the only problem you need to worry about really is to make sure you top off your 2 part when it runs low.

A calcium reactor works too, however something about them which I don't like, drip rates, bubble counts, CO2 injection, pH probes needing replacement, pumps prematurely burning out due to grit, etc. To me sounds like a lot more areas to make a mistake. But again that's not to say those who use them need to fiddle with them a lot or anything.

sfsuphysics said:
Dosing 2 part manually can be problematic, especially if you neglect or forget something, but 2 part with a doser becomes almost effortless, with the only problem you need to worry about really is to make sure you top off your 2 part when it runs low.

A calcium reactor works too, however something about them which I don't like, drip rates, bubble counts, CO2 injection, pH probes needing replacement, pumps prematurely burning out due to grit, etc. To me sounds like a lot more areas to make a mistake. But again that's not to say those who use them need to fiddle with them a lot or anything.

Ughhh, you guys just reminded me why I opted to go 2 part route in the first place! Totally forgot about all the drip rates, buble counting etc. I know the 2 part way can be just as succesfull as a well tuned reactor, but in the long run I guess my question is which would I have to fiddle with less. So far 2 part seems the way to go.

Back