Our mission

Dipping for AEFW?

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
Hey All,

I know this has been covered before and I'm sure a little "light" searching on my part could find this answer but it's V-Day and I already went to the swap. So, the fact that I'm even typing this is a miracle.

Anyway, one of the Chalice corals from the swap had a warning about AEFW. I dipped it in a 3-4% lugols solution for 25-30 minutes with HEAVY agitation. What else can I do to make sure it is clear? Flatworm Exit? Don't have any but I guess I can buy some.

Thanks

At the end of the dipping, make sure you blast the frag with water with a turkey baster since the dipping often will not make the FW to fall off. After that , take it to a magnifying glass for some detective works for eggs.

It is probably mine. For the swap purposes, I purposely do not put acro on the the swap table. This to minimize the risk as AEFW is only going after acro, but I am affraid if they hitchkike somehow. I have AEFW in the tank and I blast my acro with turkey baster . So far my acro are doing fine and growing, no indication of AEFW.
So, what you need to do is to dip it. It will not kill AEFW or egg, but it will stun AEFW. See if any falling out. The try to blast it with turkey baster. If you have magnifying glass, try to triple check.
Again, it is not acro so the risk is a lot less than acro.
LMK if you need further info.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=451.0

Back