Jestersix

Diving!

I went diving in Monterey this weekend. It's the first time I've done cold water diving, and the first time diving at all in 3 years. It was fantastic!

just thought I'd share. I need to go bathe and sleep now. :)

pixelpixi said:
I went diving in Monterey this weekend. It's the first time I've done cold water diving, and the first time diving at all in 3 years. It was fantastic!

just thought I'd share. I need to go bathe and sleep now. :)

Breakwater, Lubers point, Monastery? Where? I love coldwater diving :)

Lubers Point once you do it enough :lol: Fun place to tink around at but it's a bit crowded for me.

I'd always take my classes to Monastery is it's about as wild as your going to get. If your students learn there they can dive anywhere. Those city dive shops seems to coddle their students too much. And when they'd take them to a good place, they'd send them out mid beach where the surf zone is 5x as long as the out edge where we do our entries from.

Breakwater was only used if the swell was massive or we wanted to do a safe night dive. It's great for night dives.

Ambergris Caye is the best place I've gone diving. It's a small island off the coast of belize. water was so clear and the people on the island are so nice. food there is incredible. Plus we dove at the blue hole out there. if you dive you have to check out the blue hole and Ambergris Caye island. There are so many places to dive at.

Last year about this time I dove meatball in Monterey.
A very cool pinnacle about 100' at it's base. Tons of life!
Anything of the coast of Belize is pretty good diving!
Bali is good too!
So many places. Just need time and money!

sid700 said:
Are people still diving over by Point Lobos? It's been years, but I love that place.

Monastery Beach is the next cove north of Point Lobos and it's a major training beach :) Not sure on the actual park given the cut backs and all.

JAR said:
Last year about this time I dove meatball in Monterey.
A very cool pinnacle about 100' at it's base. Tons of life!
Anything of the coast of Belize is pretty good diving!
Bali is good too!
So many places. Just need time and money!

Any of the pinnacles are great around there :) Heck even the muck diving is fun :lol:

Bali sounds fun. I would like to go there one day. My brother wants us to make another family trip but this time to thailand. I want to go to visit some kiwis I know in Australia. never did monterey. I like warmer water and lots of visability. my brothers did it though. they seemed to like it. maybe one day.

If anyone is interested there is a performance free diving class scheduled for Aug 29 and theres 9 spots left in the class. They are here once a year so if you like free diving! www.performancefreediving.com

Back