High Tide Aquatics

DIY LED lighting for an AIO tank

ATMega328 - Arduino compatible
And just going back to your topic, I don't think 8 leds at 700mA is gonna be enough... You might be good on a 10gal tank with that.
That is according to readings I've done and projects that other people have done. I have not done one myself yet, but I was planning on 24 leds on 50/50 cool white/royal blue Q5's for my Biocube 29 tank. 2 strings of 12 at 1000mA with dimming feature.
Take a look at PLC-60-48
You can drive 12 or 13 Q5's at 1000mA without a power supply, because the meanwell drivers use standard 110V at a very reasonable price. You even have the option to drive them at 700mA if you choose... They have internal potentiometer to lower current.
You can get your heatsink here by the foot at very precise measuments.
I hope this will help you on your LED lighting :)

tagging along. Interesting.
What do you guys think about the fuge light 5.1 for $89.95 from these guys?
www.nanocustoms.com
It's a clean little light.
I'm thinking of getting one for my fuge.

2 things things come to mind.
1) A fuge is a waste for LED lights unless they are from an old project
2) that light looks to be using older technology LEDs (1watts) which aren't nearly as efficient as new gen ones.

Tony what would be the lumen per watt of this set up with 8 LED's?

Quote:
The XLamp MC-E color is a unique package design, combining white, red, green and blue LED chips in a single component.

Get 3-8 multi chips
4 dimmable 750 mA drivers
Luxdrive buckpuck
string colors in series. BAM. high intensity, high shimmer, high color mixing tunable color setup.

Not sure. But Lumens/watt is meaningless to us :) It is weighted to our eye sight. It's a valuable metric for things like flashlights, but not things that photosynthesize.

Back