Cali Kid Corals

DIY magfloat/ato question

What should I use to attach a float switch to an old magfloat I have lying around?

PVC glue?

Weld On?

Thoughts?

I am using thre JBJ float switch, but don't want to use the brackets that came with the original unit.

Thanks!

If I am not mistaken (I could be though), regular float switch is using magnet for switching, so it might not be a good idea to attach float switch to another magnet like magfloat.

Christian - if the JBJ bracket fits, its actually quite stable - I have been using one on my Breeding setup with no problems for many months. MIght just want to add a dab of superglue to be sure it stays, then you can always break the super glue later if you need to move it.

Might give that a shot Kyle. I was just hoping for a cleaner install. Kinda like this one, but not sure what adhesive was used.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831-1.jpg

That looks clean. I might have to follow this. IF you give it enough space form the float switch to the mag flow it should be okay.

But good idea to have it on a mag mount.

I would DIY a bracket instead of using the magfloat. Magfloat suck.. I wouldn't trust it to hold something important like the ato switch.

I would feel safer with the included bracket and a spot of superglue to keep it attached to the sump wall over that mag-float for sure!

Back