Cali Kid Corals

Do you get headache when playing 3D games??

I like those 3D shooting games but man it gives me a pretty severe headache. I feel like throwing up if I keep playing after 10-15 minutes. >:(

You just need to play more so you get used to it. I used to get a bit nauseous when playing 3D shooters. I bumped up my play time from 1 hr/day to about 8, and now I feel great!

:)

I tried but can't play more than 15 minutes. If it's just a bit, I can handle it but it's really bad. :(

Wondering if there is anything I can take. Kinda like the motion sickness pill. ???

I don't play 3D shooters but the same thing happens to me on 3D rides like the Star Wars one at Universal. I take motion sickness pills and it helps. It's an inner ear thing if I recal.

Yep, it's motion sickness. Your eyes and your inner ear are telling your brain different things.

Rather than meds, you might try eating some ginger. That's the herbal remedy for nausea. Good for people who are seasick, pregnant, or own xboxes :D

Gradually work your way up to 8 hours of play time. Go for the gold, Phong! :D

Norm's right about the ginger. Don't try ginger ale though, I have yet to find it with ginger anymore. My wife ginger tablets designed for this and her stomach turned and twisted in knots (before she even got on the plane).... guess her body doesn't like ginger. ???

You could make some ginger tea.

But that might not be best for gaming... ginger tea -> ginger pee :D

Your kids will beat you when you take a bathroom break :D

Granted most 3D first person shooters have time limits (you have to get from point a to point b - quickly) you have to got somewhat slowly for the nausea to not settle in.

I get the same thing Phong.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4353.msg52824#msg52824 date=1219039147]
I tried but can't play more than 15 minutes. If it's just a bit, I can handle it but it's really bad. :(

Wondering if there is anything I can take. Kinda like the motion sickness pill. ???
[/quote]

That is way I only play pacman. I'm still in the ice age.

True. Headache is probably eyestrain. Nausea is from motion sickness.

Take 2 aspirin with some ginger ale and go play Pong :D

p.s. bladder infection is from trying to beat your high score :D

8 hours ray. Even at my best I was at 4 or 5. I have been off for around 5 months now. I was only sick the first 2 or 3 times when I was 13 or 14. (Wolfinstien3d)

Ray is right phong. Just play and play and play and you'll get used to it :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4353.msg52866#msg52866 date=1219086062]
p.s. bladder infection is from trying to beat your high score :D
[/quote]

Noobs. Lrn22LBottle.

do you get car sick easy? Like Mike said, if one eye is stronger or you have a left/right dominance issue your focal point will constantly bounce back and forth, causing headaches and nausea. I actually have a left/right dominance issue, so I have to make sure to train my vision straight ahead, even when watching TV while laying on the couch.

Cheers,

Josh

;D
Thanks for the suggestions guys.. I will try ginger tea..

I don't get car sick easily. I only get car sick if I sit in the back and the driver drives like a maniac. I don't get sea sick though.

I think my eyes are fine. I'm on computer about 8-12 hours a day.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=4353.msg52862#msg52862 date=1219082794]
[quote author=Elite link=topic=4353.msg52824#msg52824 date=1219039147]

[/quote]

That is way I only play pacman. I'm still in the ice age.

[/quote]

Hahaha.. I have MAME32 (16GB) if you want Perry... I think it has like 100 different version of pacman. LOL

Just suck it up. You'll eventually get used to it.

I used to get sick from just watching others play FPS. It was even harder when I started playing them myself, but eventually you'll get used to it. I used to play CS2 hours at a time.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=4353.msg52886#msg52886 date=1219094061]
Just suck it up. You'll eventually get used to it.

I used to get sick from just watching others play FPS. It was even harder when I started playing them myself, but eventually you'll get used to it. I used to play CS2 hours at a time.
[/quote]

Trust me I tried but it got reallllyyy bad. Worse than drinking beer and then wine then coke ;D ..

Back