got ethical husbandry?

Do you QT? Dip?

I do a visual inspection with a decent magnification followed by a series of dips. I also remove any mounts.

I will be doing the QT route as well very soon, as I have yet to set a second tank up, but once I do I will still continue to do the first as well.

I do pretty agressive dips. Yes, I should qt everything but I don't <= shame on me

Povidone and Interceptor for sps. Povidone for everything else.

I will usually do a semi-agressive dip with passive QT, I call it a "nano-growout" tank is all :D If I see anything developing then I'll worry about treatment from then on.

Dipping part is the BAR dip (providone?) to a dark tea color, then into the QT. I don't have enough interceptor (none actually) to actively treat a QT.

Mike, if you put the deli container in the microwave, that will kill the red bugs. : )

I do 15min dip and visual inspection...sometimes a freshwater dip too, if the doesn't work then I nuke em.

Almost "all of the above" for me, plus some of the ones others have listed :D

Visual inspection, cleanup fragging as necessary, series of dips including povidone, quarantine with meds as appropriate, quarantine with observation, then chuck 'em in :D

I'm trying to start Following Norman's proceedures on his thread but as long as all is well I haven't been QTR'ing. No offense but I think I'lll pick up a 10 gallon tank just for after the swap but I haven't worked that out (need to aquire lighting) but time is running out.

If you have lighting for another tank, you could switch them back and forth so that they are running more or less opposite lighting cycles.

I've done that in a pinch :D

Also, now would be a good time to toss an old sponge or two into your sump to start charging it up with nitrifying bacteria so you don't have to go through a cycle with that tank.

I'm tempted to set up my little 12gallon nano-cube just for a QT tank, although my long 20 gallon is so much nicer, but I don't plan on coming home with that many frags to require that much space.

I use my QT as a small nano display like Mike. I was able to have it setup in an hour or so with coral (do not try this at home). It's really easy to service, and looks like a little nano tank as opposed to a sterile egg-crate habitat, that way the little lady doesn't turn into a little monster.

Levi, if you want to go on the cheap, craigslist has tons of 10-20 gallon freshwater tanks for sale cheap. I got mine on there with a nice stand for $50, it came with a heater and a little penguin filter. I've since hung a Prism skimmer (free), a 70w halide, and a Koralia nano. However I just started with the penguin, a Mini-jet (fried my tank the day of the last swap), and some PC lighting. As long as you have some liverock, and I like to use some chaeto, your pretty much golden.

"Dip, then blast the coral with a turkey baster. If you need some interceptor LMK."

This is pretty much what I have been doing, but would like to actually be more strict with my dipping regime. Ever since I found that single AEFW a couple months ago, Ive not added anything really to the tank. Ive inspected all other acros and have not been able to find any more flat worms, so I think Im safe since its been much longer then the 2 week gestation period of their eggs. I have no signs of red bugs, but would like to ensure that I dont get any in the future.

I would like to take you up on your offer for some intereptor. I will be at the frag swap and can pick up some there. Is there a place to purchase this or do you just have to ask a vet?

Thanks again

Theoretically you have to go through the vet

There are some online places that will allow you to order interceptor without providing evidence of a prescription - most places will require it.

Thanks Jeremy

Are these the same?

http://www.google.com/products?q=interceptor+dog&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

Back