Reef nutrition

Does anyone remember... frag workshop #1?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
I think this workshop was primarily tongan stuff, and if I recall 90% SPS, of which I'm sure others (as well as myself) did not have the right conditions to keep. Well I can't recall everything that I got, but I do remember this guy, he hasn't grown terribly much although he has quite a few more mouths since he was gotten (think he had one and a half) with more mouths on the way, but he has colored up very nicely, considering the whole colony was brown before it was fragged up. (ignore the algae in the picture :)).

Don't know what type this is, so I just call it an Acan Wahoozits
baracan0jan2007vo4.jpg

Edited: to reduce size... yeah over a year later :p

The only thing still alive for me is the clove. The regular color one ;D .. I remember that acan. It colored really nice man .. good job!!

subechinata.

FWIW, the workshop was more like 75-85% Tongan. We got some big colonies from James that weren't Tongan stuff.

I prefer my name better :p Figured it was a subech though, just wasn't absolutely sure I got another colony of similar ones that are all mottled colored, just need to manuver it into a happy place where it can spread out.

Call it what ever you like, a truck, Julie, airplane, what ever :D

I can't remember if it was #1 or #2 workshop, but I remember at one we fragged up a heliofunghia. It was so brutal that I chose two frags of it. One is sorta the same size, but with tentacles, the second one is fully inflated and pretty big (palm sized!) I am still amazed at how it came back from looking like a broken beach souvenir into a long tentacled healthy specimen. I'll take a pic one day. I wish I had pics of it as a busted skeleton.

V

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=1622.msg16043#msg16043 date=1171526080]
I can't remember if it was #1 or #2 workshop, but I remember at one we fragged up a heliofunghia. It was so brutal that I chose two frags of it. One is sorta the same size, but with tentacles, the second one is fully inflated and pretty big (palm sized!) I am still amazed at how it came back from looking like a broken beach souvenir into a long tentacled healthy specimen. I'll take a pic one day. I wish I had pics of it as a busted skeleton.

V

[/quote]

Yeah, that one didn't make it for me. The echino did make it, and has colored up as a turquoise blue with pink mouths.

I will say that picture is a top down shot through my ghetto fabulous shooting device (which might be mentioned in Sanjay's next article!). Colors tend to get a different appearance from the top down as opposed to the side.

Back