Jestersix

Donations for Middle School Aquarium Club

Metopian Reef

Supporting Member
Little fun fact I am an educator, working at a middle school in the east bay. Of course I offered myself to advise the aquarium club. I come to ask if anyone in the market of donating (not only now but throughout the year) I would love The opportunity to collect. As we speak we have about 20 motivated kiddos looking to learn and explore our hobby And looking forward to this club journey. Thank you for your time.

That’s a good question. I left it open but initially any form of tanks and filtration systems would be ideal right now. The kids are looking to start up about 5-6 systems, mainly freshwater systems .

Location? I have various things I could dig through, but might not have stuff that's worth a drive.

Thought I do have a couple things that could be interesting as part of exploring all the recent and older tech. These I picked up from someone in BAR to give out, but no one ever wanted them:

* metal halide ballast, fixture, bulbs
* some DIY'ed led lights with power supply
* an icecap T5 ballast, the high output ones that were the favorite 15 years ago
* a small skimmer that needs some love

I also have a 5 gallon with the bottom drilled that I was using as an "up-sump" with a 10 gallon tank (main display was below the sump).

Location? I have various things I could dig through, but might not have stuff that's worth a drive.

Thought I do have a couple things that could be interesting as part of exploring all the recent and older tech. These I picked up from someone in BAR to give out, but no one ever wanted them:

* metal halide ballast, fixture, bulbs
* some DIY'ed led lights with power supply
* an icecap T5 ballast, the high output ones that were the favorite 15 years ago
* a small skimmer that needs some love

I also have a 5 gallon with the bottom drilled that I was using as an "up-sump" with a 10 gallon tank (main display was below the sump).
Thank you, I’m located in Mountain View and the school near Fremont. The uptank sounds really cool, though I would need you to explain to me. The diy led could be really useful as well.

Back