Jestersix

Donations for Steinhart at the Swap

Thales

Past President
BAR has generously allowed me to put a call out for donations for Steinhart to be brought to the swap. So, if you have anything (larger pieces of bread and butter stuff preferred - even non swap qualifying corals) please bring them to the swap and I'll take them to work on Sunday. BAR has been super supportive of Steinhart and we all very much appreciate everything!

BTW, Steinhart will also be participating in the swap, so if you see me picking twice per round, please know one is for me, the other is for work!

Thanks again!

Rich Ross

Hi Rich,

I have a pretty big Leng Sy Cap I would like to donate. Just gonna make a few frags from it to keep for myself and probably put a couple more into the club DBTC. But not sure if I'll be able to make the swap. If not, maybe I can coordinate another time to meet you and pass it along.

DurTBear said:
Hi Rich,

I have a pretty big Leng Sy Cap I would like to donate. Just gonna make a few frags from it to keep for myself and probably put a couple more into the club DBTC. But not sure if I'll be able to make the swap. If not, maybe I can coordinate another time to meet you and pass it along.

Sounds great! Thanks!

Thales said:
BTW, Steinhart will also be participating in the swap, so if you see me picking twice per round, please know one is for me, the other is for work!

uh huh....

you're lucky there's no GSP allowed mister!!!

But ok, I can bring some larger B&B stuff, just need to find larger containers!

I've got a few;
a 5" pocillipora (pic), frags of green birdsnest, Kenya trees a plenty (do you really want these?), green clove polyps (pic)

Thanks Everyone!

Yep, hard containers would be best if possible for overnight.

Yes we want Kenya Trees.

Everything looks great - we can't really accept bread and butter fish at this time.

Woot!

mpoletti said:
Can I just smuggle some pieces in :D
That was my plan, simply toss it over the catwalk over the large tank and no one would be the wiser :D Of course smuggling in a cantaloupe sized acropora micropthalama would be a little difficult to do ... too bad I ummm... "lost" it too, seems to me frag swaps are not only a way to trim our excess, but also to donate large colonies :D

Rich: If we give you hard containers any chance we can get them back? Only reason I ask is I have some larger than container sized pieces. Worst case scenario I guess, is I throw everything in an old salt bucket with eggcrate or something to separate.

Thales said:
Thanks Everyone!

Yep, hard containers would be best if possible for overnight.

Yes we want Kenya Trees.

Everything looks great - we can't really accept bread and butter fish at this time.

Woot!

Rich, If I have some nice colorful softies that I like to frag, grow out and donate in the future, do I just arrange it with you and bring it to one of the meeting? I think members of the Wine country reefers might be interested also.

If you label your containers I can keep them and figure out a way to get them back to you. :D

We would be happy to take donations in the future. Thanks! It would be best to get them in a group (maybe you could all come down together and I could show you around) - email me at rross@calacademy.org.

Thales said:
We would be happy to take donations in the future. Thanks! It would be best to get them in a group (maybe you could all come down together and I could show you around) - email me at rross@calacademy.org.

Cool, I will announce it at one of our future meeting and see if we can put something together. I will let you know when we are ready. Thanks

If you miss giving frags to Rich on Sat, I can take them and get them to the steinhart as well......actually I might be able to take them there that day if time permits, if that helps Rich. I assume you want them in the qt tank or are you setting up a seperate place? then you wouln't have to hold them overnight.

Apon said:
If you miss giving frags to Rich on Sat, I can take them and get them to the steinhart as well......actually I might be able to take them there that day if time permits, if that helps Rich. I assume you want them in the qt tank or are you setting up a seperate place? then you wouln't have to hold them overnight.

Thanks Arnold, but that will make things considerably more complicated and I would very much like to avoid that. If it works out in the future to do something like that I will let you know. Thanks though!

Back