Kessil

Dry Goods Swap at CaliKid Corals - October 8th

I think this could be a good add on type event for coral farmers market maybe. Lots of shoppers there. Maybe someone should ask Steve about setting up something like that next time. Might need to be outside or in parking lot for space concerns

I think this could be a good add on type event for coral farmers market maybe. Lots of shoppers there. Maybe someone should ask Steve about setting up something like that next time. Might need to be outside or in parking lot for space concerns
This was the consensus from those who participated as well. We need an event like a frag swap with an adequate number of new-ish reefers who are in need of equipment.

As a new member, its scope and objective were a bit unclear, which is probably why I did not come by. Making this an add-on event seems like a great idea.

I came by briefly but just bad timing for me to buy anything. Closing on our new house in 2 weeks and don't need more stuff to move right now lol

I counted 10 sellers. Not much foot traffic. Tons of steal deals on equipment from the sellers. Most of us ended up buying equipment off each other at the end of the day lol. CaliKid had a bunch of nice pumps, dosers, dosing containers and practically new frag tanks for sale. The back parking lot had ample space and was perfect for us to park our cars in the shade since it was a hot day. Tacos and drinks were much appreciated! Shout out to @Cbruno80 for hosting the event and doing the raffle packs with the HG torch and hammer, yellow tang and $150 gift card. I think this would be a great event to combine with the frag swaps since there's usually more in attendance.

Overall, it was a great time chatting with other reefs @Apon , @Invictus , @psidriven and others. Brendan from Kessil was there and shared how Kessil was founded by three UC Berkeley grads that started out with fiberoptics then led to LEDs. Interesting origin story. Maybe next event can be another tour of the Kessil facility in Richmond?

I counted 10 sellers. Not much foot traffic. Tons of steal deals on equipment from the sellers. Most of us ended up buying equipment off each other at the end of the day lol. CaliKid had a bunch of nice pumps, dosers, dosing containers and practically new frag tanks for sale. The back parking lot had ample space and was perfect for us to park our cars in the shade since it was a hot day. Tacos and drinks were much appreciated! Shout out to @Cbruno80 for hosting the event and doing the raffle packs with the HG torch and hammer, yellow tang and $150 gift card. I think this would be a great event to combine with the frag swaps since there's usually more in attendance.

Overall, it was a great time chatting with other reefs @Apon , @Invictus , @psidriven and others. Brendan from Kessil was there and shared how Kessil was founded by three UC Berkeley grads that started out with fiberoptics then led to LEDs. Interesting origin story. Maybe next event can be another tour of the Kessil facility in Richmond?
Agreed there were some killer deals. I waited too long to pull the trigger on the split tank Brendan had. Oh well, next time.
G

Back