High Tide Aquatics

Eight's 170 gallon in wall LeeMar

I think you are doing a kick ass job!
It's a lot of work too. I know,I am working on my 215 in wall (never ending project).
I put ball valves in and have had trouble as they tend to seize with calcium. I have begun to change them to gate valves. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The tank has definitely come along. Here are some updated shots... I hadn't taken photos in forever, so I had to relearn the tricks to getting good tank shots. Still have a lot to improve on...

Full tank shot. My corals aren't really placed yet, just kinda thrown in there... Will mount everything this weekend.

499361312_DPGGN-M.jpg

Left side:

499361291_EkNdz-M.jpg

Right side:

499361301_CScdx-M.jpg

Closeup of my Rod's Onyx clown hosting in a green/purple BTA:

499219741_UyUGh-M.jpg

Japanese crazy orange mushroom... this is the same mushroom that you may have seen in Jose's tank and at Aquatic Gallery with the crazy red and green striped. My striped haven't come in yet, but it's been pumping out babies...

499219714_bPyj4-M.jpg

Male flame wrasse:

499219721_kZSuH-M.jpg

Here's his girlfriend:

499219712_7xxu7-M.jpg

Pink chalice with blue/green rim and gold ridges. I grew this from a 1" square piece. It's now 7 inches around. I am going to frag it soon.

499219749_eJZDs-M.jpg

Some yumas/rics:

499219726_4Nwxa-M.jpg

More photos this weekend...

Yes yes... tank threads aren't tank threads unless they have wieners!

Really enjoyed the east bay LFS tour. It was nice to meet many of you in person as well as see some familiar faces.

Anyways, the tank is settled in now. I have mounted most of my corals, skimmer has leveled off. There are a few remaining things to take care of... waiting on another Neptune DC8 in the mail so I don't have to plug and unplug my lights each day. Also need to hook up the two remote pump modules to the litermeter and run water lines to automate the water exchange system (it's only doing top off right now). Will also eventually hook up my CA reactor... kalk in the top off seems to be keeping up, but just barely.

Here are some more shots from tonight.

Pink with green polyps stylophora that I picked up from Robert at Neptune.

503149536_FbBnr-M.jpg

Nuclear greens and purple deaths

503149498_SUt6J-M.jpg

Echino with green eyes and blue-gray base, also from Neptune.

503149326_qhPzh-M.jpg

Last piece from Neptune and my favorite... Rainbow monti with beautiful blue base.

503149576_WMCDT-M.jpg

Teal rim, purple center blastos from Algae Blenny. Had these for a long time. Finally fragged them out to give them more space to grow. Look for a DBTC on these eventually.

503149445_JynUm-M.jpg

Watermelon colony with gold eyes.

503149410_R3WTZ-M.jpg

This hobby is such an addiction... sigh.

At least your GF is supporting your addiction man. You could be in in a worse situation...like your wife getting jealous of it more than your mistress... :D

Great choices on the new additions BTW and thanks for the purchase, Jason. Damn corals looks so much nicer in your tank! Worth every trip I've made south! You promised to bring me back a piece of that stylo...I am holding you to it, bud.

What weiner are you guys talking about???

Haha... yeah, I am really lucky that Bonnie is so supportive. She even insisted on coming on the LFS tour.

The corals are doing great. I actually promised you frags of both the echino and the stylo, so once they're ready, I'll bring em back for you. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten!

Oh, as for the weiner, if you look at one of my early pages (i think page 1 or 2) there's a photo of my dachshund. Tuberider has one too...

Oh, Robert, btw one of the frags I brought in for you was the pink chalice that is pictured on this page. (Not the watermelon, but the pink chalice with blue/green rim from the prior photo set.)

Sweet! I mounted the pieces you brought in. They seems to be losing a bit of tissue from the new cut and the glue but I think they'll make it since the recession seems to have stopped. Thanks for hooking me up. Also, what was the other palys you brought in, AOG?

Nano, I think it's a watermelon chalice, not sure though. I actually have a very nice frag of that chalice that's all encrusted... hoping to trade it for another nice chalice frag at some point.

Robert, the four frags of palys that I brought in were nuclear greens. I posted photos of those as well.

I got that watermelon from Aquatic Central as a mid size frag. Slow grower and very sharp corallite edges. Tends to pierce itself easily... that said, the coral is really beautiful. Golden eyes contrast well with the rest of the coral.

Back