Jestersix

Elegance Coral

Hey guys.. im going to be buying this purple tipped Elegance coral later today from aquatic gallery in fremont. anyone have experience with these? opinions?

Thanks,

Kelly

I had a very beautiful one and it died on me . I later found out about a disease that these things can have . If I am not mistaken the ones out of Australia are safe and some captive bread ones as well . The ones from anywhere else will die .

weve had one before, and my boyfriend accidentally left water polishing pads in the filter for two long, and it came off its base, and split into 4 mouths, we have one mouth left, but im not sure if its going to survive. i have it wrapped with some mesh like stuff to keep it from floating around, until it makes its calcium base, or until i can attach it to a rock. the one im picking up today is purple tip, but im not sure where this new one is from. :)

I've bought 1 you're talking about, and while I had it, it was the most beautiful coral in my tank. Unfortunately, it died within a month- it slowly receeded until there was hardly any flesh left. I thought about trying again since they're so nice, but unfortunately they all seem to die. And mine was from an Aussie shipment. good luck w/ yours and keep me updated if it lasts a while- someday I'd like to be able to keep one.

[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=4333.msg52568#msg52568 date=1218837565]
Hey guys.. im going to be buying this purple tipped Elegance coral later today from aquatic gallery in fremont. anyone have experience with these? opinions?

Thanks,

Kelly
[/quote]

I think aquatic gallery is in Milpitas.

I bought one from Ocean Treasure in San francisco during the BAR member tank tour in May 2008. My elegance coral is still alive today.

Arnold has a very nice elegance coral that I'm hoping I can find one like it that I can buy. Can you post picture of your EC, arnold?

oh yeah. my bad. milpitas. lol

anyways, yeah it seems to be liking our tank, then again, the last one did really well, and we had it for almost two years. i miss it, it really WAS our most beautiful coral. hopefully this one will do well. i can see three mouths on it already, and it was opening up pretty nice before the lights went off in the tank. i just dont hear too many people keeping them in their tanks, so i wasnt sure what anyone else thought about them. thanks for your input guys.

Actually I have 2, 1 from Aus. and one not. both are doing well and growing and stinging other coral..... but I have lost one is the past. The Aus I have had about almost a year now.

there are some on my tank thread or from the sf tank tour - links are all in here

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2612.0

That is correct - skimmer pump died I never replaced it - I use live clams and soft corals to help with filtration. You can post more questions on my tank thread if you want.

Back