Erick's 57G LED Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Erick, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Erick

Erick Guest

Nope, no other fish have tried to visit the overflow. I had a flasher wrasse jump through a gap in my screen when I moved it to pour in some food a few months back. But I got it back in the tank after about 30 seconds. No harm no foul. The color on the solar wrasse was looking really bright after his adventure through the overflow and then through the drain, now it's back to normal.

2. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Maybe your fish need more stress! Print out a picture of a predator or a bigger solar and tell him to brighten up or else.

3. Erick

Erick Guest

Maybe just leave the lights off for a couple of days.

4. Erick

Erick Guest

[​IMG]
    Tiger Tail cucumber

5. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Love those guys. Bought one years ago, and now I have four. One decided to take a ride down the overflow, but he's ok.

6. Erick

Erick Guest

When I bought it, it was about 4 inches long. Now it's really big and fat and maybe 6-8 inches long. They look cool.

7. Erick

Erick Guest

After 6 months my clowns finally found the anemone. Sorry for the phone pic.
    [​IMG]

8. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

...better late than never !

9. Erick

Erick Guest

Yea, since it didn't happen for so long, I pretty much figured it wasn't going to happen. Then last night when I got home there they were, the female was slamming into it and would hang out in it for a few seconds, rinse and repeat.

They weren't in it this morning, can't wait till I'm home in the day to see what's happening :)

10. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Now that she has found the anemone she will be back. She'll probably start sleeping in the anemone soon enough.

11. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Wow, that is so cool to have happen after 6 months. What a great surprise. Congrats.

12. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

Your tank is so cool! I love all of your pictures! I have a t2i, and do not use it nearly enough. Love your coral shots =)

13. Erick

Erick Guest

14. Dazed1

Dazed1 Guest

Nice tank! I'm in the process (well, bought parts only) of setting up the same tank. A couple questions (maybe I missed them :p )

- Are you using two MP10's? Wireless?
    - What return pump are you using?
    - Those are nice fish! Whats the current stock count?
    - Where / how did you make that screen? I will probably need it too.
    - Whats the total pounds of rock in there now?
    - Is that the Oceanic tech stand?

I have two MP10's waiting, Eheim 1620 for the return and a Kessil A350W on order.

Sorry for a list of questions :eek:

15. Erick

Erick Guest

I have 1 MP40.
    Eheim Compact Plus 5000
    For fish I have:
    Pair of Ochre Stiped Cardinals.
    1 Red Head Solon Wrasse
    1 Adornatus Wrasse
    1 Filamented Wrasse
    1 Yellow Line Wrasse
    1 Leopard Wrasse
    Pair of Darwin Clowns
    1 Chromis
    1 Tailspot Blenny
    I made the screen at home using the video found on the BRS site, I also purchased the screen from BRS the rest of the items from a local hardware store.
    The pounds of rock is ... I dunno :D maybe 50lbs maybe more. I had around 30lbs in my 28g nanocube that I used, and bought some more from a fellow reefer that was getting out.
    The stand was built by one of Neptune's contractors.
    I have been looking at the 350w myself. I shouldn't since there isn't anything wrong with my current lights, but you know how it is, there is always something shiny and new to play with.

16. Dazed1

Dazed1 Guest

Very nice. Love the fish list. Would not get clowns though, the b&w i have right now, hates me, lol.
    I'm going from a 28 nanocube as well to the 57. so will be transferrring my 25-30lbs of rock.
    Already have a tailspot blenny.
    I'll probably end up with 3 -4 wrasse, cardinals, and a trio of anthias.
    (though would love a small tang :eek: )

17. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Looking good. wished my stupid clown would find it, instead of hovering near the overflow at night. That's how she lost her male.

18. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

IMO too small for any tang, and likely on the small side for anthias as well

19. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

you can do a very small tang. I had a quarter sized one in my 37 for a while till It go to big then moved it to a new home

20. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Any recommendations for an extra small herbivore fish? I've been looking for a fish for my frag tank (~25g) to hopefully help keep the brophis and valonia under control. I've avoided putting any invertebrates in the tank because most of the frags are on ceramic disks and I don't need them bulldozered.