Reef nutrition

Eric's IM 40L aio

Yea, TPU is a game changer for these. I plan on printing a bunch to hand out at the next cfm.
Ordering some right now. I also just realized this could potentially be great for a frag rack, and wondering why I didn't do that before. Have the base frame of the rack be PET-G. Have an overlay that has tight frag rack holes and print that in TPU. Toss some superglue on there to hold it together, or have one more inset to go on top and hold it together. Definitely going to hack that together some time.

Any chance you can send a pic of the Trident setup internals? Or share the 3d files?

IMG_0211.jpg

Everything from my frag system has finally either died off or has stabilized in this tank. I don't have much left so it's time to start rebuilding.

For fish I have a pair of clowns and a kole tang from my frag system. I've added a midas blenny and a mystery wrasse from @under_water_ninja. I also have a file fish from petco and just last night I added a clown goby from @Xian1312.

All I have left from the before times is a few mushrooms, the dbtc blue sympodium I got from @NanoCrazed and a blast I've had forever from @Jonathan Chia. I just added a hellfire torch and two chalice corals from @RandyC.

Link? What'd you print it in? I tried printing some feeders and couldn't get the threads to print clean enough. I ended up buying one, which hurt my DIY soul.
lower your layer height?
Yea, what @ashburn2k said. Printed at .16 height.

Been a while since I've updated this. For the longest time I was killing every frag I put in there. I'm still having a hard time keeping acans and chalices. Super frustrating considering my past successes in my frag system.

I'm sending one of my xr15s back because the fan will not turn off no matter what.

I also just rescaped with some rock I got from @Jonathan Chia and his latest tank breakdown (he'll be back)

20230704_190416.jpg

Have you tried an ICP test? How often are you doing water changes? Running carbon?

I can't recall how big your frag tank setup was, but I'm wondering if there's some chemical issue that is kicking in more in a smaller tank.

Have you tried an ICP test? How often are you doing water changes? Running carbon?

I can't recall how big your frag tank setup was, but I'm wondering if there's some chemical issue that is kicking in more in a smaller tank.

The frag system was 160 gallons. I am running carbon. Try every other week for water changes but at least every month. Next time I go to Neptune's I'll pick up an icp test

Back