Neptune Aquatics

Euphyllia's 8 Gallon Dwarf Seahorse Tank

I have a hard time letting it go too because it keeps coming back. I removed as much as I could and couple months later, they came back. I think when you have it, you gonna have it for a long time. The only way to get rid of them that I can think off is pull the rock out of your tank and let it dry.

badbread said:
Oh... oh....

Sigh.

Flushing down the toilet is the LAST thing you want to do, I'm hoping that's a joke.
Euphyllia said:
Euphyllia said:
OK... I guess I'll just flush it down the toilet then :(
Bye-Bye C. Taxifolia... :( It's just so hard to let it go!

WAIT! I probably shouldn't flush it! I'll let it rot in the yard! :)

Did you see the post before yours? I guess you were making your post while I quoted myself... ;)
Still, I'm not sure If I have the courage to get rid of it... :(
I mean, I know it can be a $10,000 fine, but I REALLY like my C. Taxifolia! :(

but don't dry it outside under the sun where a bird can grab it ;)

I'd dig a hole, throw it in there and toss dirt on it so no animals can grab it.

I'm still making up my mind about throwing it out... :(
Just curious... but are there any members that are Fish and Game wardens on this site?

Euphyllia said:
Just curious... but are there any members that are Fish and Game wardens on this site?

No, but they know how to use Google :D

http://www.google.com/search?q=euphyllia+site:www.bareefers.org&hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLG_enUS311US311&start=0&sa=N

:D

Mr. Ugly said:
Euphyllia said:

No, but they know how to use Google :D

http://www.google.com/search?q=euphyllia+site:www.bareefers.org&hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLG_enUS311US311&start=0&sa=N

:D

That doesn't necessarily mean they will... will they? :~

Yes, F&G may
Yes, there may be someone from F&G on this forum
Yes, someone here not from F&G could report you
Yes, you and your parents would be in big trouble with fines
Yes, if this happened, your parents may never let you keep a reef tank again.
yes, you are doing something stupid and people here are trying to help you.

Sounds like a good plan (burning it). Since fire season is upon us, use your fireplace or BBQ please :)

Good decision, Matthew.

Thank you for being responsible.

BTW, the freezer method is the preferred/best practice though not nearly as fun as a magnifying glass. :D

Not sure if it ever got mentioned, but I ended up taking the tank down after a few months. The tank is now going into use as a vivarium for Poison Dart Frogs. :bigsmile:

Mods can close this thread. :)

Ending note on this thread: Matthew, I admire your enthusiasm about embracing and trying a little bit of everything. There are a lot of species I've kept somewhat unsuccessfully. We don't like to talk about our failures. I've learned to REALLY research my interest before committing to having a Box Jellyfish tank. Some of our members have successfully kept and raised some of the most extraordinary and difficult species (yeah, I'm talking about you Rich) BUT..................as I said, I admire your zest to experience all the ocean has to offer. Good try, Dude. 0:)

PS I got so lost in the "bad" seaweed part that I lost track of how your plan for the mini-sea horses was progressing. I don't know anyone that has kept them for very long. So many lessons in the leaning...........including about "bad" sea weed. I think we all want to do the right thing and know the difference between the right and wrong things........... :~

I sadly never got around to getting the Seahorses. It was the caulerpa that crashed the tank. The light went out and the caulerpa went sexual which pretty much did the tank in.

Back