Our mission

EXPANSION

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. Lots has been going on both in and outside the shop. Not sure if it’s of any interest to you reef peeps but I am expanding the shop to offer larger selection of freshwater.

The old woodshop is gone and in its place is the new freshwater expansion. This expansion effectively add about 800 square feet to the current FW Area.

The project is only about 50% complete so there’s still much work to be done. But, I am pretty excited about this! Hope you guys are too.
IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_4712.jpeg

I can’t wait to see how the center tanks look under those public-aquarium-grade ceiling lights. Are those Kessil W-series?

Congrats @robert4025 ! I saw that Shawn at Fritz said there's a 10:1 ratio of fresh to saltwater tanks post pandemic in his most recent video (no idea how accurate those data are) but interesting nonetheless and crossing my fingers that your business strengthens as well!

Hopefully it keeps that MC Aquatics (another group gobbling up hobby businesses) away from the Bay Area, sounds like they're taking over lots of places across the country from owners leaving the hobby.

Congrats @robert4025 ! I saw that Shawn at Fritz said there's a 10:1 ratio of fresh to saltwater tanks post pandemic in his most recent video (no idea how accurate those data are) but interesting nonetheless and crossing my fingers that your business strengthens as well!

Hopefully it keeps that MC Aquatics (another group gobbling up hobby businesses) away from the Bay Area, sounds like they're taking over lots of places across the country from owners leaving the hobby.

6 locations, 3 in CO.... Am I missing something?

Thank You! And one is buying me out! Not anytime soon, at least…lol

Last edited:

6 locations, 3 in CO.... Am I missing something?
That's 6 in less than a year, with more on the way according to the comments on the Fritz and Reefbuilders channel (they've hired a lot of people from there too). We all know how fast the Aperture takeover has changed the industry (even Ryan from BRS is gone for the next year+ if he ever comes back).

If our LFS partners can strengthen by providing great services and honest, trustworthy advice like @robert4025 does, it means these chains won't have as easy of a time moving in.

Robert, which version are they and how much do they run? How far off the water surface are they mounted?

1710455814576.png

I was considering the 360 on my office tank. Kessil won't get back to me on which would be best lol.

Back