Cali Kid Corals

False advertising?...

So went to check the aquarium on Taraval St in SF due to a nice looking picture of a zoa posted on CL
Could not find any like that but spotted couple nice rocks with colorful zoas; Asked for the price individually and at the moment of paying I mentioned the 20% off from CL add. After they spoke in a language not known to me the guy said the discount was only good for the weekend but if paying cash would be 15% off
Came home and checked the ad; no such thing as weekend only....
That will steer me away and keep loyalty to AC LO and OT
From CL:

20 % OFF ON ALL FISH & CORAL(SALES NOT INCLUDED)

SeaChem "MARINE" Sea Salt 160gal. Mix(BUCKET) $33.99

SeaChem "REEF" Sea Salt 160gal. Mix(BUCKET) $35.99

Live Rock(CURED) $3.50lbs

Haw. Golden Dogface Puffer 8" $299.99

We still have over 50 Farm raised Ricordia left.Many colors to choose from blue,green,orange,peach,purple and multi color!!

New Coral Shipment JUST IN!! Many nice pieces to choose from.

We are also taking order for the Hawaiian Ding Dang's & Red Death(NOT people eater)Zoos"VERY RARE"(nickel size)>>>>>picture below

Yeah, it happens. My advice if you ever see an ad posted ANYWHERE, whether it's on craigslist, RC or even in the BAR forums, I would print it out and bring it with me to the store so this kind of crap doesn't happen.

It's happened with me too, and for a store that's know for it's reputation too. Took a while before I was willing to go back to that store.

I was not planning on going there, just plain curiosity since I was couple blocks away.
Nice place, some variety but if you go, print the ad.
I used to go there before it was sold to the current owners to get some little things and saltwater too, right about when Chris acquired AC I kind of did not have need anymore to drive all the way there for water.

Sorry to hear the news, xcaret. If it makes you feel any better, the sale at Tropical Reef Aquarium usually only occurs on the weekends. Never seen the Craigslist ad, but that's what he usually promotes in person. Being a frequent and satisfied customer of theirs, I'm surprised you encountered that type of service.

Again, sorry you had to have an experience like this. I can't speak on the ad, but I can vouch for their service and quality of merchandise.

Back