Reef nutrition

February 23rd, Fort Point Shoot

kinetic

Supporting Member
I'm going shooting at Fort Point in San Francisco on February 23rd. Anybody want to go?

I talked to Eileen and Bryan about it already, but wanted to see if anyone else could come out.

Here's all the details:

http://flickr.com/groups/sfbas/discuss/72157603785154225/

I would love to go if it's just a small group ;D .. My gear suck (no flash or tripod yet) but I would love for you guys to teach me a thing or two.. Maybe we should do a small BAR club shoot one day ;) ..

Another shoot near another surf spot, F*** R*** was going bonkers during the last shoot, I wonder if Fort Point will be doing the same?

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3000.msg32340#msg32340 date=1202703905]
I would love to go if it's just a small group ;D .. My gear suck (no flash or tripod yet) but I would love for you guys to teach me a thing or two.. Maybe we should do a small BAR club shoot one day ;) ..
[/quote]

No need to have a flash or a tripod if you have onboard flash, a few friends (like me) with a flash, and Auto ISO. I can help you out, just come and have fun ;) Lots of people will be there to help you out as well.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3000.msg32383#msg32383 date=1202750927]
Another shoot near another surf spot, F*** R*** was going bonkers during the last shoot, I wonder if Fort Point will be doing the same?
[/quote]

What's F R?

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3000.msg32389#msg32389 date=1202754116]
Have plans and dinner in the city that day so can't make it. Hope you guys have fun.
[/quote]

Sorry to miss you this time eric. If you ever want a shooting buddy to go back to the location let me know =)

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=3000.msg33030#msg33030 date=1202928749]

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3000.msg32383#msg32383 date=1202750927]
[/quote]

What's F R?

Secret spot, if I named it I'd be banished... I'll say this you paddle into the wave facing south, by the time you kick out you face North East as you are circling a small island surrounded by sharks and covered with Sea Loins, the island sits about 1/2 mile off shore. You may have been able to see me...

*keeps mouth shut*
Shhh, you don't want to get knocked out, or loose 4 tires ;)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3000.msg33189#msg33189 date=1202939534][...] and covered with Sea Loins[/quote]

Ok, now that I gotta see :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3000.msg34159#msg34159 date=1203323755]
*keeps mouth shut*
Shhh, you don't want to get knocked out, or loose 4 tires ;)
[/quote]Exactly!

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3000.msg34160#msg34160 date=1203323990]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3000.msg33189#msg33189 date=1202939534][...] and covered with Sea Loins[/quote]

Ok, now that I gotta see :D
[/quote]Four or Five years ago a few friends were chased out of the water by a shark, they paddled to the island where they were greeted by a group of Sea Loins that were intent on kicking them off the island. Sadly they had to smack them with their boards to keep them away, they were on that stupid rock for hours until the sun started going down. :eek:

I've been attacked by one of those stupid little fluffy sea otters tourists love so much. Ran me off my board and wouldn't allow me back on. Them suckers have TEETH I tell yah :) I just dragged it into the surf and took off my leash. He bailled but not before telling me off in Otter! Nearly been killed by a sea lion working as a rescue diver for the International surf kayak fest years back. Thing tried to take my head off as it charged me on a wharf landing in SC. luckily I was on the ladder and ducked when it shot over me while trying to grab me with it's GIANT mouth full of teeth. I watched it clear our 16' zodiac and it didn't appear to be much smaller then our boat. Ain't sea life great :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3000.msg34232#msg34232 date=1203374079]
Ain't sea life great :)
[/quote] :D Taste's good too, you around this Sunday? I'm going to gastropod central on Sat. fo' sure.

YES I will be :) And after last weekends poor FROZEN meal I am just chomping at the bit for a few LIVE ones :D
I maybe not at home, but wil be close by. Did we ever trade phone numbers? You gonna stick a pole in the water as well? A nice hali wouldn't hurt me :D

Back