Cali Kid Corals

Feeding My Frog Fish Frozen Food

So I picked this frog fish up from Aquatic Collection in Hayward.

He eats frozen and is very cute!

I made a feeding aparatus using a metal clip and fishing line.

Make sure the metal clip is not barbed or jagged in anyway. The food should easily slide off so you don't end up hooking the fish.

The metal clip happens to be the hammock clip for my rat hammock, but any paper clip should work just fine too!

1. Attach Silver Side to clip.
  2. Dangle fish around Frog Fish.
  3. Pull away from Frog Fish slowly.

image.jpg

If you go full screen and use the high definition setting you can see my frogfish wiggle his "lure".

Last edited:
Dude this fish is SO cool. If you watch full screen HD, you see him move his Lure around.

For my non fish friends. Anglerfish have this appendage which they use as a lure to attract prey.

Also the angler fish I have has these two holes near his "elbows" that are connected to his gill system which allows him to blow water out of to PROPEL him through the water without moving his fins. Yeah....like a jetpack bro. Look closely you can see the holes pulse.

It is super fun!!! I gotta fish for her this time. I wish I could feed her everyday!!! I just bought her a goldfish today :)
Gonna fatten it up with some marine pellets and mysis/brine for a couple of weeks before feeding it too her, hoping I don't get too attached o_O
IMG_1028.JPG

So cool :)

But will you always have to feed the frogfish like this? And how often does it need to eat? I could see this becoming a real nuisance in the long run. Plus, can you imagine getting a tank sitter to do this properly while you're out of town? I'd definitely worry about it.

Like once a week. We also feed him peppermint shrimps and he can eat goldfish as well although we haven't tried it yet as it's not the most nutrient rich food. It's really fun getting to feed him. Personally I wish we could feed him more xD

So I guess that if you go out of town for a week, you can just toss a couple feeder shrimp into the tank and he will hunt on his own? If so, that's awesome. Easiest fish in the world the feed while on vacation! lol

Now you're making me want to get one :) Will they eat small fish in your tank like chromis or small clowns as well?

Prep time and actual feeding literally takes less than 1 minute.

Feeding my fish and corals is actually the part that brings me the most enjoyment.

The hard part is resisting to feed the frogfish. You dont want to feed them too often, but its hard to resist feeding his cute ugly face

They will eat any fish/shrimp that can fit in their mouth.

Back