Jestersix

Fish Ecmo for transport to Vegas!

H2OPlayar

Supporting Member
Here is the fish life support system that is going to get us from here to Las Vegas. I have ten gal air pumps split with T's into each bucket. I drilled a hole into each lid and have a suction cup to hold the tubes down to the bottom of the bucket. My inverter from the burn stopped working but the pumps and power strip all work. Last stuff gets packed up tomorrow and we head out to Vegas with a couple coral, rocks and the fish in buckets.

IMG_20240105_151206.jpg

Nice setup! Going off of previous experience, what's your plan if your car breaks down? Not that it's likely, but that's what ended my first foray into reefs so now I'm paranoid. I also didn't have a late model car at the time, but I think the extra weight of things didn't help my poor Ford Focus.

Have anything to manage temps during the drive and if something goes awry?

If the car breaks down, it's a rental and we should be able to get another quickly. We are renting a big van so it should have the capacity. If not, then that's just bad luck. I'm not going to worry too much about temps over the 10 hours and try to get them into bins with heaters on that end. 3 gallons with a lid shouldn't lose too much heat too quickly, especially if my dad who is driving the support van keeps the heat up.

that’s exactly how I do it when I bring corals and fish from LA to SF. Just don’t put too many fish in one bucket cuz of ammonia spike. Other than that. You should be good.
Best Wishes.

I saw that u did got a hard time to take everything apart and got ready for 10 hours trip, all the fishes looks healthy so i bet it would got ther safely. Have a nice trips, thanks for letting me got some of your coral.

Here is the fish life support system that is going to get us from here to Las Vegas. I have ten gal air pumps split with T's into each bucket. I drilled a hole into each lid and have a suction cup to hold the tubes down to the bottom of the bucket. My inverter from the burn stopped working but the pumps and power strip all work. Last stuff gets packed up tomorrow and we head out to Vegas with a couple coral, rocks and the fish in buckets.

View attachment 51726
Nice to see you off today. Keep us posted on your new projects.

Back