got ethical husbandry?

fish trap

Hi all ... I really need some helpgetting a fish out of my tank. Is just a little FireFish, but is so fast and skittish, I can't catch him.
Tried removing as much rock as I could, tried two differant fish traps (home made soda bottle trap, and purchased trap) the purchased trap is kind of small (about 3 inch dia) so I think he is afraid of it.
Wondered it anyone close to Antioch or Oakland would have a bigger trap I could borrow?? Or how about any idea's on how to KILL this little sucker without harming my corals?? (and yes that was asked in all sincerity!) getting really frustrated, can you tell?? >:(

Thanks
DAVE

dave , i have a fish trap that is about 6" tall and 7" depth by 3"wide.......it has a swivel door that you pull on a fishing line to close. i usually put food in it and let the fish get used to it by going in and out, then i pull the line to close (sometimes it can take several attempts as well as days). its a store bought model , you know where i live .....if interested let me know and swing by.

Sounds GREAT Sergio ... That trap in a lot bigger than the one I have, so maybe he will go into it. Just let me know when you will be home? I will be around the weekend, and then durring the week after 6. What ever is more convenient for you.
Thanks Sergio and see ya soon.
Dave

Hi Dave,

If the fish trap doesn't work, you could try what I do when I have to catch my Royal gramma (about the same size as your firefish). If the fish wedges himself in a rock, I just pick up the whole rock slowly and put a net or bucket under it. I slowly lift it all out of the water and the fish jumps out of the rock into the net.

I agree with pixelpixi. Firefish are one of my favorites. Good luck.

Back