got ethical husbandry?

Fishless cycling complete. Have some stocking questions?

Hi Everyone,

My tank finished cycling today. I will continue to add some ammonia to the tank for a few more days until I'm absolutely sure that it is cycled. And then do a major water change before adding any livestock.

I was wondering, how much should introduce into the tank at one time. Since I have been fishless cycling with ammonia and maintaining a high ammonia level in the tank, I know that the tank should be able to handle a high bioload at the start.

I would like to add some snails to take care of the diatoms, a fish, and a zoa. Is this too much at one time?

Thanks,

Sam

how large is the tank?

what types of fish do you wish to have? How much rock/sand is in the tank? Fish waste contributions very well might be a very tiny addition of ammonia that could be handled.

Introducing "hardy" invertebrates like zoas and snails should be fine, hell if anything it'd reflect nature more where corals populate an area then the fish move in :D

edit: n/m just saw your thread, 10g isn't much room for many fish, so if you stick with smaller nano-sized fish you should be fine to introduce all of them at once. Anything large enough to possibly be an issue is too large for that tank.

Plenty of small gobies available. Tailspot Blenny - A fun fish to watch!
Get some nassarius snails in there to stir up the sand.

Back