Kessil

Fishy Busines...........

Hey All
First off, i just wanted to say thanks so much for all you guys/ gals have done to help me out and further the reefkeeping community.

Here is my idea: I know times are tough on everyone and I think it would be great to further "help each" in "real life". I don't know if this has ever been done, but I would love to know what each of you do for a living besides staring at your fish tank. I think it is always better to do business with people who you trust and who you have a common intrest with.

I'll start: I am a student intern at Palmer West Chiropractic College....... so after you guys tweak your back moving Brian's tank on Saturday you can come in for a visit. :) If anyone ever needs a chiropractor please let me know and I can see if I can help.

Ps.. I know this probably not the right place/forum to put this, but since everyone reads the Reef Talk first, well at least I do, I hope I can curtail everyone.

I just would like to help those who have helped me!

Cheers

I'll go next. I'm a student @ SJSU (going back to finish and get a BS) as well as a marketing rep for an MRI Imaging facility. So if you hurt your back so much that Beau thinks you need an MRI, I'm your guy :)

BTW Beau- I'd like to know how good your contacts are in the Chiro business. We already work with quite a few chiros and I'd love to network with some more in the greater SJ area.

And everyone: See, this is what he was talking about "business with people who you have a common interest in".

-Mitch

This is a nice idea... :D

I think you are supposed to put this thread in the "Wouldn't it be great if..." forum. Though I know what you mean about certain forums getting read first. :D

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=5902.msg74353#msg74353 date=1231906690]
You forgot CL too Phong!
[/quote]

I'm too slow for that :D .

Packaging/ Manufacturing Engineering for a Medical Device firm. Sorry, job skills don't directly translate into offering services, other than being a rational (most of the time) thinking engineer. ;D

cookiejar...that's good... you never know when someone will need your expertise....

badbread, I now know who to call when my laptop crashes due to too much RC or bar

I'm a full time student at UCSC. My expertise is not being an expert at anything! Unfortunately I graduate this June, unsure of my future... eh, that doesn't sound very good.

Tony,
Do you attach them to shark heads?

Tax guy here. YAWN. Work as the Director of Tax for a private equity firm. I mostly do partnership taxation and international M&A planning and structuring.

Bryan, of course!
sharks_with_laser_beams-w72pgv-d.jpg

My former life can be seen at yardartist.biz as mostly a dry stack stone wall builder. I miss being outside and spent most of the last weekend working on my new food producing garden. Great to have a shovel in hand again.

My Bay Area life is a jewelry designer for a Berkeley manufacturing jeweler. I work between clients ideas and the jewelers to help people celebrate weddings, birthdays, and other life milestones. Quite amazing place to be. Richard

Im new Round these parts.... which reminds me, I still need to pay.

I have been "trained" in the finer arts of 3D modeling and animation in the SJSU Cadre program.
But ended up in the Web developement field, as it was Booming when I first got out of school, and Lucas film only wanted to pay me Minimum wage as an intern :(

I currently Work in the Financial Industry focusing on the GUI developement of a web baised software application, that just happens to be the silver bullet for the current financial crisis.
(UPDATE 1-16: 50% layoffs handed out, last day here is January 31, unless we get a contract signed... :( )

Ive done many interesting jobs before I setteled in my career: Building Furniture professionaly, Titanium bike parts (Machiene shop)
Back in college: Serving paperwork to slimy hiding business owners who ripped off homeowners in Evergreen area housing, and also Wholesale/Retail SW Trade.
After College: Performance Automotive parts (NewDimensions) and MANY Multimedia projects/Companies. Teaching at Tech College (Web and 3d Animation)

What I CAN NOT HELP WITH is spelling, or math.. :p

Corporate Sales guy here... Currently managing the Partner Relationship Team at Stock and Option Solutions in South San Jose. So if you have any corporate level equity compensation related needs, I'm the guy to talk to.

Aquariums and bass playing are my life.... I used to be in the SAG union, cooked on the line, presented music, construction, ran an abalone farm, that's all I can think of right now, I know I'm forgetting a few.

Back