Cali Kid Corals

Food for clown fish

I just inherited a clown fish about two weeks ago. I have been feeding him some frozen Cyclopeeze and Arcti Pods (reef nutrition).
I would like to know in your own opinion what will be the best type of food for the fish.

Both those are excellent but you'll need another feed as the base thst incorperates some algae in it, like Spectrum pellets. They need their veggies like all damselfish.

A_Lee said:
I feed mine Spectrum, and ON Form 1&2.

None of are that great for keeping color, Id suggest adding AP or CE to the diet. Both of those are naturally high in astaxanthin. Its the secret to bold clownfish coloration, and to keeping it.

I feed my mating pair a bunch of different foods like frozen PE mysis, frozen spirulina enhanced brine shrimp, Rod's Original, Red Tiny Bits pellets, live brine shrimp that I soak in selcon for a few hours, and lots of other stuff. The female is super happy and lays eggs every 10 days. :bigsmile:

It's been written out in the thread. Arcti-Pods and Cyclop-Eeze!!!!

Clown fish are tough.
I fed mine entirely simple brine shrimp before I really knew better. He/She was fine.
(See picture in signature.)

For all my fish now:
Ocean Nutrition formula-1 and formula-2 flake twice daily.
Enriched brine shrimp once a day.
Plus they eat the coral food a bit, and I have quite a few natural pods.

I feed my tank a mix of CP, Otohime and Aquathrive. I had to smash the otome and AT up a little since they were a bit big for my clown,blenny and gobies.

AquaThrive has gone out of business FWIW. We still have a standing inventory but once it's gone, no more AT. But we have something even better coming down the pike!!!

Back