Reef nutrition

food-grade metal drums?

Anyone have any good sources for food-grade metal drums. Preferably in SJ area but peninsula or up to Oakland could work. I need a smoker.

ssprofessor04.jpg

:)

I'm in the same gear. I have a cold smoker but I want one I do Q with as well. I have some pressure tanks at work I am going to use. They have a bladder that pops right out and they are SS. We may have an extra, I have to ask the landlord.

Hah, nice one Gresh.
Erick- I have a few improvised-type toys that I can/have smoked with. But none are meant to smoke things. I've done it in a little Smokey Joe, and also converted my (free) propane bbq to coal/wood and done ribs in there. But I'm looking for a drum to make an Ugly Drum Smoker out of. Simple, straight forward, minimal tending req'd. And it's made to be ugly.

Gresham, if you happen to have an extra for under $30 or so, I could be interested. But I'd need the top cut off of it (using it upright, if it'll stand that way). There's a place in Santa Cruz I found but not sure what the drum held before they got ahold of it.

http://www.goodguysbiodiesel.com/products-bio-diesel-mechanics/misc-bio-diesel-products-rain-barrels-good-guys/55-gallon-metal-drumbarrel-open-top-19-99/

I'm in SC. Maybe I can swing by and ask or look/smell? If the landlord says it cool, its yours free :D I do know after I took the last one he got interested in making one himself :lol:

Given you can burn out a lot, I'm not so sure you need to worry much about what it was used for. I know the perfect person to ask actually.

Awesome. If you can hook me up with one of those, then I've got a few buck for you or a silver salmon side that's been vacuumpacked/frozen since last July.

And I know you can burn out a lot, but there's that difference between a little left and none left.

AB clip? Done DIY tandoori with a pot once, not bad. I sure want a real one though :D

Alton Brown. The guy in the clip from Good Eats. One of the best shows ever and I hate cooking.

Brings the science to cooking.

Know him very well... I didn't watch the clip so it was lost on me :D

The ones my landlord had are spoken for he said. I have not called the other place to stop by but I do have time in the this week actually.

http://www.goodguysbiodiesel.com/products-bio-diesel-mechanics/misc-bio-diesel-products-rain-barrels-good-guys/55-gallon-metal-drumbarrel-open-top-19-99/

Ohhhh I know where they are. The old Shell gas station on Water St. If I can't hit them myself, I have family that drives by there 4x a day!

Ended up just giving them a call. The nice lady said they hadn't had them for a few months (and don't now), but that they are always food grade. Lids sometimes come in and she might be able to get a locking ring. That said, she doesn't know when she'll have them next. Anyone know of an industrial place I can find one?

Ive been sick for nearly a week, thanks gor calling. I was a bit afraid of that. The place isnt all that large and its filled with broken down biodesiel vehicles :)

If you want, there was a metal drum left in SJ as of 4pm this afternoon, containing about 3-5g used motor oil. Only trick is it's one of the closed tops w/ 2 hole in the lid, so you'd have to drain and cut it.

Im golden. I have dibs on one used for glycerine :) just gotta hold out till its used up.

Back