Reef nutrition

Fowlr ?

Question! So I’ve seen a lot of fish only with live rock tanks full of aggressive predator fish. Assuming these fish are coral safe. Why are they rarely with coral? Most are not invert safe but often are coral safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 93g cube has softies as well as an angler, Toby puffer, and a longnose butterfly. The water is much dirtier, there’s no real CUC, so hard corals would never make it IMO.

My 93g cube has softies as well as an angler, Toby puffer, and a longnose butterfly. The water is much dirtier, there’s no real CUC, so hard corals would never make it IMO.

Ever think of replenishing cuc every six months or so?

I think it mostly has to do with the hobbyist, and the way tanks morph over time.

A lot of people start with a clownfish and a few other small fish.
Then they add some simple soft corals.
As they get better, they add a bit more of this and that.
But key : There are usually quite a few little peaceful fish by then.

You cannot simply add large predator fish to a tank like that. They will eat/kill the other fish.

So a Coral + Large predator tank must be designed as such from the start.

Also, large predators eat a lot and pollute, which destroys water quality, making corals very difficult.

I think it mostly has to do with the hobbyist, and the way tanks morph over time.

A lot of people start with a clownfish and a few other small fish.
Then they add some simple soft corals.
As they get better, they add a bit more of this and that.
But key : There are usually quite a few little peaceful fish by then.

You cannot simply add large predator fish to a tank like that. They will eat/kill the other fish.

So a Coral + Large predator tank must be designed as such from the start.

Also, large predators eat a lot and pollute, which destroys water quality, making corals very difficult.

Yeah I’m more thinking about designing a large tank with corals and either semi-aggressive or aggressive fish,

But, ahh. Didn’t think about that part. Them eating a lot and producing a lot of waste. And I can’t grow chaeto to save my life. So hmm[emoji848]

Yeah I’m more thinking about designing a large tank with corals and either semi-aggressive or aggressive fish,

But, ahh. Didn’t think about that part. Them eating a lot and producing a lot of waste. And I can’t grow chaeto to save my life. So hmm[emoji848]

Waterfall algae scrubber + large GFO reactor + auto water exchange.

Some corals will love all the nutrients. You might be able to have NPS sun corals and such.
But difficult SPS will certainly be a big challenge.

DO WHAT YOU WANT!

Don't let the pointy stick types influence what you think is the most fun.
:)

Back