Our mission

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
Anyone know where to get those fluorescent acrylic rods cheap? I wonder if it'd be possible to get those and if anyone has a laser cutter, engrave them with measurements and the bar logo.

March update

03/17/2024 ( most recent testing date)

Alk - 8.4 salifert
Alk - 8.9 hanna (exp reagent 2023)
Mag - 1320 salifert
Ca - 455 salifert
Po4 - 0.3 salifert
Po4 - 0.83 hanna (ULR)

Attachments

• 20240319_222105.jpg
    20240319_222105.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240319_221934.jpg
    20240319_221934.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Here's a few pics I took tonight. Prior to getting these pics, I fed the tank with a good amount of phyto. Plus, I was spot feedings a few corals. So there's a lot "stuff" in the water column.

This one is on the frag rack.
1000008969.jpg

This is a top down view of the one I decided to mount on the rock work. This is the side getting the most light and looks the best. Looking at it from the front, just isn't as nice.
1000008970.jpg

Same coral that is mounted but captured on the side of the tank.
1000008971.jpg

here's my update. @ReyDeFarts can you make a sticky on how to take better phone pictures for the grow out contest?

View attachment 54358
Thanks for the update!

I hope the many others still In this contest get their pics submitted before the end of the week.

For now, I wouldn't worry too much about color or measurements I suppose. It will really matter toward the end when the judges really need to see its true colors and size.

As for taking better phone pics @psidriven, that's a tough one. I haven't had much time to dedicate to it, but I wanted to get the discussion going in a photography specific thread. I wanted to put together either tutorial video or written tutorial for phones and cameras. My work schedule has been difficult though and I just haven't had the mental energy to get that done. It's on my hit list though.

Here’s my update. Looks like I just made the deadline to post . Not a lot of growth but some decent color. It fell into my frogspawn the first night in the tank - so thought it might not make it, but it recovered just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
Encrusting and coming along slowly. I’ll try to get a plastic ruler before next month.

IMG_2373.jpeg

I gathered some 1/8” nubs from the frag event onto a plug and they’re growing really well. All encrusted into one piece. And of course it has better coloration than my grow-out piece haha. Still curious to me that they’re all turning green and yellow before any pink.

IMG_2371.jpeg

Encrusting and coming along slowly. I’ll try to get a plastic ruler before next month.

View attachment 54547

I gathered some 1/8” nubs from the frag event onto a plug and they’re growing really well. All encrusted into one piece. And of course it has better coloration than my grow-out piece haha. Still curious to me that they’re all turning green and yellow before any pink.

View attachment 54548
Micro-fragmentation is the fastest!

Back