got ethical husbandry?

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
IMPORTANT RULE CHANGES

Removed rules for the placement of the coral.

You can move the coral around wherever and whenever you want throughout the contest timeline.

Also removed that BAR will be providing a measurement device.

Please get yourself a standard ruler with bold tick marks that are clearly visible under water.

Start practicing! Get your technique down before the contest starts.

FOR PARTICIPANTS FROM THE SOUTH BAY and not attending the fragging workshop.

I will ferrying down some frags on Sunday for those who are participating in the grow out contest. Please send me a message before Sunday to confirm that you'd like me to bring your frag for you. We can schedule pickup directly, and ideally urgently. I am in Santa Clara.

Anyone local please feel free to reach out; I'm tagging those who I believe are near me: @popper @Klems @Matthew Meyer @Krak256 @newfly @Adauqua @MichaelB

I will ferrying down some frags on Sunday for those who are participating in the grow out contest. Please send me a message before Sunday to confirm that you'd like me to bring your frag for you. We can schedule pickup directly, and ideally urgently. I am in Santa Clara.

Anyone local please feel free to reach out; I'm tagging those who I believe are near me: @popper @Klems @Matthew Meyer @Krak256 @newfly @Adauqua @MichaelB

I thought we couldn't pick these up until the 3/3 frag swap? @ReyDeFarts

I'm planning to go to the fragging workshop, I'll let you know if that changes or something comes up.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
Major timeline change occurring for the contest. You can begin coordinating the pickup of your frag(s) this weekend at the fragging workshop or if someone can bring it to you afterward. We will also have them available at the frag swap. It is up to you to coordinate with other members to get your frag if you cannot attend either of these events.

I thought we couldn't pick these up until the 3/3 frag swap? @ReyDeFarts
Yeah, the plan was to start the contest 3/3 and coordinate pickup for frags up until 3/10 to give as much of a level starting field and to have a healthy frag that's had a chance to recover in a system we all know can keep SPS healthy.

The logic for that decision was to ensure everyone started out with as healthy of a specimen as possible.

If you all would rather coordinate the pickup of your frags earlier, then I would need at least more than half the folks that agreed to the original contest details to be okay with changing the date range of pickup. That would give some folks a 2 to 3 week head start against others. I'm good with whatever you all want. This is your contest and we can modify it.

Last edited:
IMG_1363.jpeg
I spent 2 minutes trying to take a good picture without my feet in it. 1.5” nearly on the dot

In my frag tank.

View attachment 52992
I usually shoot for 34.5ppt salinity, very low phosphate (ideally in the 0.1 range), nitrate below 5, temp around 78, alk around 7.8.

Kalk, and all-for-reef.

Was difficult to get a good pic today, so will try and grab another one soon.
That's awesome rich! Thanks for entering the contest and getting this party started.

Here is my entry, placed it in my RFA breeding tank. Due to the amount of spot feeding I do in this tank, I try to do a 40% wc each week. Lit by an AI prime. Size 1 5/16"
PXL_20240219_192747760.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240219_192854272.jpg
    PXL_20240219_192854272.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240220_015238461.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240220_015238461.MP.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back