got ethical husbandry?

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
New member as of the swap on Sunday. Appreciate the opportunity to join in on the fun! Here’s the frag I picked up.
Welcome to the club! I'm glad you were able to get connected with us. It was nice meeting you Andrew...haaa haaa. ;) Just kidding. Best of luck in the contest. Start practicing getting pics in your tank too.

Welcome to the club! I'm glad you were able to get connected with us. It was nice meeting you Andrew...haaa haaa. ;) Just kidding. Best of luck in the contest. Start practicing getting pics in your tank too.
Thems is fightin words!
Nice meeting you too and appreciate being welcomed into the club.
It’s on the upper left under the birds nest for now. Don’t judge my diy feeder lol! I’ll get a closeup shot when I get home tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 44
I saw some previous posts about frags bleaching, did anyone figure out why theirs failed?

I think there was speculation about maybe rough handling or something at the frag workshop, I dunno.

I am growing the heck out of SPS right now (including some frags from Boun and Kenny I brought home the same day!) but my Adam Bomb is just about belly up! I can't remember the last time I killed anything. I'm very competitive so I'm irked :p

I think there was speculation about maybe rough handling or something at the frag workshop, I dunno.

I am growing the heck out of SPS right now (including some frags from Boun and Kenny I brought home the same day!) but my Adam Bomb is just about belly up! I can't remember the last time I killed anything. I'm very competitive so I'm irked :p
I'm no acro pro and I didn't think I'd come close to being in the top 15, but I didn't expect to be out before the week was over lol the calacali sitting next to it seems to be doing fine and I picked up a miyagi tort from the last members only frag swap that also seems to be doing fine. I'm irked that I dont know why it died so fast, makes my self confidence plummet lol

I suspect that because the colony was already in survival mode and so large, frags that were taken from the interior or underside of the colony could be in unhealthier conditions than the outside ones. That's just natural even with healty large colonies because they get less light and flow there. Can they be revived? Absolutely because there's still living tissue, but it's a tougher starting point.

Edit: Overall the colony looked to be in decent shape based on the photo snapped when it was initially fragged after removing from Dan's tanks
1709852523178.png

Last edited:
Back