got ethical husbandry?

Free Clownfish and Purple Stripe Dottyback

richiev

Supporting Member
Located in Redwood City. I helped someone with a tank teardown, and took some fish off him. Both are full size, and from an established tank. I didn't know the person personally, but he vouched for their and the tank's health.

I've had both about a week, and both are eating and active. The clown seems great. The dottyback's tail has a chunk out of it, I believe from the first day him and the damsel in the isolation tank got into it. He eventually put the damsel in his place, and they're all getting along fine now. I'm not seeing any major signs of aggression from any of them.

My plan was to hold them for around two weeks in my isolation tank to make sure I could vouch for them. They all seem good so I'm putting feelers out now. Pick up from my place at the door basically whenever. Just needs to be before 7:30pm whenever it happens, because that tank is in my kids' room.

First dibs to anyone who takes both, at least until I get both claimed. If you want to toss a frag or something else my way, I'm happy to take it, but no trade required. Also dibs priority to anyone that wants to offer something. My preference is just claim in this thread, then we'll figure out logistics over PM.

I can take pics later, but wanted to post before I forgot again.

PXL_20220404_012753747.jpg

PXL_20220404_012728014.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220404_012755500.jpg

I’ll be happy to house them. I have a nem tank, 240 gallon, and a frag system.

All fish are in QT right now and my next round just started.

Back