Frogspawn frag

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by monkeybiz, Jan 25, 2017.

1. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

hi,

They trimmed back the frogspawn at my work and were about to throw away what looked like a dead branch. I noticed 2 tiny heads on it, so I threw it in my nano. The two heads have doubled in size over about a month and a third baby has popped up. Looking to give this away for free. Donation of mushroom or common zoa would be nice but not required at all. There's also a vermetid tube snail on it as well.

One catch, I noticed two small bubble Algae on two parts. You'd have to pluck it off or cut off those dead branches.

IMG_8408.JPG

Pick up in Sunnyvale 9am-4pm

2. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Interested, the snail you can just pluck it off?

3. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

I've never had experience, but I remember reading online that people have had success using nail clippers to clip them off or superglueing them shut. It's net hasn't really bothered anything in my tank so I let it be, but he has also doubled in size as well.

4. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Are you in a hurry to unload it? I probably won't get a chance to go south till next week.

5. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

no worries. I'm in no hurry. let me know when you can stop by here in this thread or shoot me a message.

6. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

I use a bone/SPS cutter. Plucks right off easily.

7. musclebenz

musclebenz Supporting Member

Do you still have the Frog spawn? I have some bright green mushrooms to trade?

8. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Roostertech is first in line. I'll give him till next Friday to pick it up unless he wants to pass on it now.

9. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Oh if you should totally trade it. It is your frag after all.

I'm just hoarding all the softy wavy stuff I can get my paw on.

10. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Kill that vermetid snail!
    The mucus threads annoy the rest of your sessile Invertibrates

Newjack likes this.
  11. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Cool, we'll eventually have more frags when we trim back again. I'll set one aside for you.

12. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Looks like you're welcome to swing by my work and pick up the drag if you'd like. Pm me for details

13. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

As of right now, it's only bothering the GSP, which is probably a good thing... hopefully it's slowing down it's growth

14. Kensington Reefer

Kill it
    It will spawn
    Then you'll have to deal with many

15. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

KILL IT!

Or you will see an increasing number of small white spots all over your rock n aquarium walls that have long sticky tendrils of mucus or snot that come out when u feed the tank!

When I see 1 I trace back to where it is coming from and smash it with vengeance! If I could kill each with fire I would, just so I can imagine the screaming as the flames consume it!!!!!!

Can you tell I hate them with a passion!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I remember the first one that got in my tank. I had no idea it was bad. Now there's probably 10,000 (no joke). I share the same sentiments as @Vhuang168 and @Kensington Reefer

17. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

whoa, thanks for the heads up! i'll put a dab of glue on it today.

18. Kensington Reefer

Get a clipper of some kind (like you'd use to frag an acro) and cut that thing in half!
    Expose and remove the worm/snail body. Don't waste your time or glue. You want an immediate result

19. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

This is still here. Giving it till Friday before I chuck it. Shoot me a pm if you can pick it up.

20. Kensington Reefer