Cali Kid Corals

Gallon Jug Dispensers

Hello - I bought the two part solution from Bulk Reef Supply but didn't get the comtainers/dispensers along with it. Anyone know where I can find similar containers for mixing and storing the two part? I tried many places locally and have been unsuccessful. Didn't think they would be that hard to find but boy was I wrong about this one. :eek: Thanks.

I use the 1-gal Calistoga jugs. I mix the CaCl or NaCOOH in a pitcher and then fill-up the jugs with water.

i have some 5 gallon ones if you want....not sure if you want to go that big though...otherwise, smart and final carries 1 gallon jugs i think

Guys - Thanks for the tips!

Patrick - Yes...5 gallons is bigger than what I'm looking for but thank you for the offer. I'll look in to smart and final too. A friend might have a container that used to hold a gallon of pickles.

When needed them, I just bought the pump dispensers from BulkReefSupply. THose pumps make dosing really easy since they are fairly "fixed" amounts. Then you can mix your solutions for integer pump volumes.

Bryan - Haven't tried Tap Plastics.....I did go to Target, Ace, Home Depot, Bed & Bath, K-Mart with no luck. Lucky the gas prices have come down a bit. ;D

Got another good idea that just came to me. I buy distilled white vinegar at costco (Two 1 gallon jugs runs about 4 or 5 bucks) to clean my pumps etc. If i remember correctly they are almost exactly the same size and shape as the 1 G jugs from bulk reef supply. I may even have a couple of extra laying around but who can't use vinegar with a reef tank. i will take a look tonight and let you know.

I get my vinegar from S&F. Nice sturdy jugs, but they are snap top.

I have some of those dispenser nozzles, but they aren't all that convenient. I use enough 2-part that it's faster to pour it into a measuring cup.

I really should set up some dosing pumps with diluted 2-part for top-off.

LOL - I just bought a 2-pack of vinegar from Costco. There's a Smart and Final locally so I'll check them out tonite. Anything special that needs to be done to clean out the vinegar containers for use with the two part? Any chance vinegar in the containers would impact the two part mix? Thanks.

Back