Our mission

Gate Valve for Octopus skimmer?

Does anyone know where to get a gate valve replacement for an Octopus RPS-1000? It comes with a ball valve that is a pain to adjust. I have looking for about a week with no success. It has a weird metric thread. I can't use a retrofit kit, without destroying the skimmer, because of the way the return is glued to the body. So...I need to replace the whole double union ball valve assembly with a double union gate valve body. I wrote to their tech dept with no success, they can't even tell me the body size of the valve or what the threads are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[quote author=Skorpinok link=topic=3256.msg36669#msg36669 date=1204932162]
Try OSH, they've got great selection.
[/quote]

No Has the correct treads beacause it is some Chinese thread on the valve body, so...I can't use a standard gate valve.[quote author=dswong01 link=topic=3256.msg36634#msg36634 date=1204923658]
Try your local ace hardware store for gate valves thats where I got mine for my skimmer
[/quote]

No one has the correct treads beacause it is some Chinese thread on the valve body, so...I can't use a standard gate valve. Also the way it is constructed I can't cut the pipe to retro-fit it with a standard threat gate valve.

These guys have a mod kit:

http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/Mod-Kits-for-Skimmers/c43/p115/NW150-Gate-Valve-Mod-Kit/product_info.html

They just cut off the pvc and glue on new pvc to switch over to english thread. You could just do the same on your own.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3256.msg36673#msg36673 date=1204936429]
These guys have a mod kit:

http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/Mod-Kits-for-Skimmers/c43/p115/NW150-Gate-Valve-Mod-Kit/product_info.html

They just cut off the pvc and glue on new pvc to switch over to english thread. You could just do the same on your own.
[/quote]

On the RPS-1000 there is a plastic support sandwiched and laminated right between the elbow and first union on the valve. If you cut it there is no pipe left to glue a fitting to, so these convertion kits won't work. The only way to switch to a gate valve on this model is to get a double union gate valve with matching threads. I just can't seem to find one anywhere.

There's a threaded portion of pipe above the plastic support?

Just goop it up with the thicker pvc cement and glue a pvc coupling over it.

Sounds like that's all they do.

Back