Neptune Aquatics

Get ready for used Vectra pumps to come on the market!

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Ecotech is releasing the Gen2 Vectra pumps, L2,M2, & S2 respectively.

Looking at the pumps it seems they're really high on the fact the collars are different, they actually look uglier but they're bigger like a union's collar which will probably make it more functional, just less sleek. And they are really pushing the fact they fit exact to US PVC sizes, so I'm guessing the first gen did not?

Functionally they seem to be pretty identical, they site better thermal management and tougher motor sleeve, not sure that was an issue or not with gen1. Same head pressure, same output. Power is unknown, because existing gen1 state how much power they use, gen2 pre-order pages simply state the size of the power supply which is larger than the old power usage but not by much, that said it allows PSUs to run longer if they don't get pegged to max power constantly.

So be on the lookout for used pumps to come on the market as everyone needs the latest and greatest :D
That said, I just picked up an M1 for $220 new because they're also trying to get rid of old stock, plus you know people are still going to still try to get top dollar for used equipment just because of the brand.

BRS, it was the last one. They do have some S1s, but for whatever reason those are only $30 off. Maybe the realized they dropped the price too much? Either way I saw $150 off, and was like... ummm yup, need me one!

Back