High Tide Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

drdoolittle said:
Bad news bud. New year is off to a really bad start. My transition tank aka contracted velvet from the last fish. I didn't even realized it until it was too late. Freaking disease was so far that by the time I could react. Most of the fishes were dropping like flies. Casualty list are

Blue face angel
3xMulti color angel
3xRegal angel
Flagfin angel
Kole tang
2xdeclivis butterfly
2x potter angel
Personifier
Passer angel

I still have a few that I caught and now on copper treatment. I just hope my snowcasso pair, goldflake and trio Japanese mask makes it.

I'll have to rethink my QT set up before I start collecting again. I looking for something similar to your QT. I would like one QT running prazi pro and another running copper. That way I could treat for fluke or velvet/ick.

Now, FOWLR are on hold.
That sucks... really sorry about your loss.

Ed my stomach turned hearing all those losses...so sorry to hear that. I would definitely look into a Mars QT setup. I think I saw a bunch of them for sale on Craigslist.

Here's hoping to a better 2013 for our tanks !

@ Jim, thanks bro. Let me know if you see some around.

@ Erin, thanks. Those were some of my wish list. I almost competed it until I ran into this snag. But, I was more bum on losing my snowcasso than all the other fishes combine. Hopefully I can find it again.

Jim- it really is awesome. You should have created DIY series out of it for us.

Back