Reef nutrition

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Awww! That poor cuttlefish! It looks like you take good care of him though and I'm sure he lived a good life. Its too bad their lifespan is so short since they have such personality to get attached to. Do you plan on getting more?

Awww! That poor cuttlefish! It looks like you take good care of him though and I'm sure he lived a good life. Its too bad their lifespan is so short since they have such personality to get attached to. Do you plan on getting more?

Thanks Felicia. I don't know about keeping more cuttlefish, but a pair would be cool to keep. I might try sea horses too.

Thanks Felicia. I don't know about keeping more cuttlefish, but a pair would be cool to keep. I might try sea horses too.
More cuttlefish might be hard since they're so short-lived. Seahorses have life spans in aquariums of 3-5 years, so they'd be something you could keep much longer. Let me know if you decide to do seahorses because I'd definitely like to have another person with seahorses to bounce ideas and questions off of :)

I've seen videos of mantis shrimp when it's dinnertime (eg emerald crab)...I would have to put a warning on mine that it's not for the weak of heart. o_O

Hey
501403d5.jpg

Got some new toys. :D
Hey Jim,
What do you think about those Hannah Checkers? I was thinking of buying The Hannah Checker kit (which includes Phosphate, Calcium, Alkalinity and pH) from Marine Depot.

Hey

Hey Jim,
What do you think about those Hannah Checkers? I was thinking of buying The Hannah Checker kit (which includes Phosphate, Calcium, Alkalinity and pH) from Marine Depot.

Hi Deann,

I use the checkers on occasion, but would recommend a API reef test kit (Phosphate, Calcium, Alkalinity, PH, & Nitrate). Its cheap, easy to use, & great for folks starting out. Use the money you will save on a good refractometer like a D&D or Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Back