Our mission

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Tank is beautiful! I think I saw a copper banded butterfly fish swim by - have you had it long and what does it eat? (Wish I had one but understand they are very difficult to keep....)

Tank is beautiful! I think I saw a copper banded butterfly fish swim by - have you had it long and what does it eat? (Wish I had one but understand they are very difficult to keep....)

Hi Geneva,

I've had the CB for a few months now (I got him from Bill aka Cookie jar when he broke down his tank). He eats mysis/brine shrimp and Rods food...but no dry foods at the moment. Of course he eats aptasia to earn his keep. ;)

If you are looking for one, I would get one from Aquatic Collection. Carson has a good eye for picking healthy specimens. Always ask to see the fish eat before buying it!

Last edited:
Geneva
I pick up one from aquatic collection last week that was eating frozen thawed brine shrimp.
Thanks, Jim and dswong! I wasn't sure if "live" food was required but sounds like frozen food works. I may have to try one more time altho the thought of having to feed frozen food daily makes me hesitate a bit.....(I think I saw that CB at AC so happy to hear it found a good home - will be interested to hear about his progress!!)

Back