Reef nutrition

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

sfsuphysics said:
I have an 8 foot long tank in the garage that is empty and unfinished, everyone can just pretend we're at Jim's house as they walk in ;)

Don't forget the water, sand, & rocks...if you're gonna replicate, you gotta be accurate. :p

If people really want to swing by, I'll be home after 1pm. Shoot me a pm.

Jim, just join the tour already. End the tour with anticipation. Best way to leave a crowd, wanting more. And Arnold wins again by giving another great tour.

yardartist said:
Jim, just join the tour already. End the tour with anticipation. Best way to leave a crowd, wanting more. And Arnold wins again by giving another great tour.

I gotta move my schedule around, but if everybody is up for it sure.

gimmito said:
yardartist said:

Jim on the East Bay Tour not every person showing makes it on the tour. They are just home when the crew arrives and can split after. Glad to see you post you can make the tour and offered your tank/system to view.

yardartist said:
gimmito said:
yardartist said:

Jim on the East Bay Tour not every person showing makes it on the tour. They are just home when the crew arrives and can split after. Glad to see you post you can make the tour and offered your tank/system to view.

Richard,

The way you put it made sense. It's not where I want it to be, but the tanks been like the "Heinz anticipation commercial." :D

3a71e845.jpg

Gen dropped off the ATO tanks for the FT and QT. :)

gimmito said:
yardartist said:
gimmito said:
yardartist said:

Richard,

The way you put it made sense. It's not where I want it to be, but the tanks been like the "Heinz anticipation commercial." :D

Best Build Ever!

I notice you changed your return pump plan from a Dart Gold to a Water Blaster.
What were your thoughts on that?
Happy with that decision?

I am looking to simplify my plumbing, plus bump up return flow, to perhaps a Dart.

Love the water blaster. The initial reason for the change was b/c of sound resonance at night. After a few weeks, a bio film builds up on the inner moving parts and it's even more quite. I only lost a bit of power at 4,300 gph and it's still dialed back.

Highly recommended.

Back