got ethical husbandry?

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

057c57ae.jpg

I had Gen make a acrylic stand for me so I could accommodate a Geo 818 calcium reactor on top and Geo kalkwasser reactor on bottom. I'm contemplating trying bio pellets again since I have 30 fish in the main display.

Thanks Mike...I inherited & picked up a few fish from club members. ;)

Here's the fish list thus far:

6x Yellow Tang
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Purple Tang
10x Seale Cardinalfish
4x McCosker Wrasse
1x Mystery Wrasse
3x Yellow Assessor
1x Midas Blenny
1x Lawnmower Blenny
1x Tiger Gobie
1x Blueface Angel

The tank will be 1 year old come August.

Very clean system. Are you noticing an increase in n & p? I like the concept of bio pellets, but was never able to get it dialed in. Might give it a go with the new xl pellets.

Kensington Reefer said:
Looking good there in zebrasoma-ville! How's the blue face behaving?

He's on the eviction list ! I'm going to break out the XL Acclimate box...bait it...and wait for him to mosey on in. I really would like to add acans and clams, but no way with that bad boy.

I have only seen Jim's tank in person once, and within 60 seconds of watching the BF it picked at some LPS (slips my mind exactly what it was)! I remember thinking "I hope it doesn't do that all the time!"

Kensington Reefer said:
Have you seen it pick at the corals that are already in there? It appears to be a good fish. Looks like you need a fish only tank full of angels!

To my dismay...I have. :(

Acans, scolys, etc....it has a expensive pallete !

A tank full of angels like Wayne Shang's tank would be a sight to behold. I wonder if it's still up and running ?

houser said:
I have only seen Jim's tank in person once, and within 60 seconds of watching the BF it picked at some LPS (slips my mind exactly what it was)! I remember thinking "I hope it doesn't do that all the time!"

I think it took a bite of a nice frog spawn that Jar gave me. Fortunately, it didn't like how it tasted. :D

Back