Kessil

Gomer's Elos 70 Journal (fo realz now!)

Elos Planet 2. Picked up a used one for about 1/4 the price :-D Sorry dear LEDs, but until I figure you out, you are on standbye as primary lighting....of course...I may retro the blues in place of the T5s at some point:p

Hey I'm not judging Tony :D (although I do think Elos products are WAY over priced, main tank fine.. that's pristine but everything else? my pocketbook can't justify the cost :D). I wondered if you'd go LED considering the local you moved to, but yeah, I'm sticking with halides for the time being, I think I might slowly mitigate change by swapping T5s out for the strip lights, and maybe tossing my homemade dobopper over an empty part, but other that ... I like halides.. the heat output that goes into the tank from them is actually beneficial to me.

Unarguably expensive, but also unarguably sexy :-D The price had me holding off for a while, but decided to just get it. I've been saving up for a while (not necessarily for a tank, but I tend to save for bigger goodies and not blow money on tons of little daily expenses like starbucks etc lol).

Why would you think I'd consider LEDs being where I am? heat reasons? Santa Fe isn't that hot :) Weather is quite favorable and only hot during a few weeks a year. The halide will help heat the place when the snow comes :-D

lol. It was a "wife demands the tank looks nice and clean, instead of that historic hell hole of a fugly tank I had before" thing. ..that and the price was right for it's condition :-D

Gomer said:
lol. It was a "wife demands the tank looks nice and clean, instead of that historic hell hole of a fugly tank I had before" thing. ..that and the price was right for it's condition :-D

Sounds like we have the same wife. Oops >.>

Mike the nights cool off in the high desert so the highs don't last that long each day in Santa Fe. I was getting up with upper 50's in Silver City each morning two weeks ago and high's in the upper 80's to mid 90's. No AC as the breeze each evening makes for comfortable air.

I'm a little slow at this, but the corals are now in the tank :-D
Coral locations are temporary. I'll start arranging and popping SPS off plugs and putting things in place this weekend (hopefully).

The big green plate decided to turn into a balloon for the camera!
eloswithcoral.jpg

Back