Kessil

Got Sand?

Has any one ever ordered or heard of others ordering sand off of ebay? We have a big tank to fill and the cheapest we have been able to find is off of ebay. Sand at .74 cents lbs shipped and rock we've found at reef hot spot at 2.65 lbs shipped. Or any suggestions on somewhere cheaper? When putting as much money into this as we are, finding the best deal while maintaing quality is what we are looking for.

Ps we are going to be curing all of our rock out of the tank regardless of where it comes from b4 it goes in. FYI

Remember also not all rock is created equal. For rock I really like marco rock. Its cheap for what you get. The rock is really light and porous. It is however dry rock. It does take a bit longer to cycle but its well worth the wait.

How much sand do you need? have you tried doing a special order from a sponsor store? Sometimes they may work out a deal if the order is large enough. Just a suggestion. Not sure which LFS you are close to.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=4596.msg55940#msg55940 date=1221692793]
Not sure which LFS you are close to.
[/quote]

Well we live in Santa Cruz, but driving over to San Jose or even San Francisco is no problem for us. We frequent all of the fish stores in the Bay Area

Well if you are on the tank tour this weekend - I can help ask the sponsors for you, but you still didn't say how much you need...and what kind?

size grain? 0, 1? If you are there on Sat then you could see the sand.

As for the Live rock.....just have to ask.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=4596.msg55954#msg55954 date=1221700261]

You can try this guy http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/for/843549149.html
[/quote]

Thanks for that I already emailed him last night saying that I would take the whole lot... but have not herd back from him

you might be able to talk to the people at Tropaquarium to see if they can cut you a deal on live sand. Im willing to bet that if you order enough that you will be able to get a good deal.

Back