[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Discussion in 'BAR Contests and Giveaways' started by Enderturtle, Jan 8, 2016.

1. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

October - 4

[​IMG]

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I don't think putting it next to that other chalice with all those mouths will encourage it to grow any faster. :)

3. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Was hoping it would get jealous and start growing more!

4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

IMG_3874.JPG

November pic. No real change. Still growing around the perimeter just no new mouths.

5. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Here is my November picture it's recovering from is sand dive.

[​IMG]

Jon

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

According to my count (and the month isn't up yet), I've got @<3-2-reef in the lead with 7, then @HiFidelity with 4, myself with 3, and both @jonmos75 and @Vhuang168 pulling up the rear with 1 each. Let me know if I've left anyone out. Remember, the contest ends on December 31 so we have essentially one more month. Don't forget to post your final pic(s).

jonmos75, coral4me and Ashalye like this.
  7. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

IMG_2698.JPG

Just in case I don't get a chance to take a new picture within the next two days here is a November pic taken on the 12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I'm not trying to discredit your claim that you have 7 mouths; you can see it in person, but when I look at it all I can ever count is 3 with a possible 4th one.

9. coral4me

I agree that the photo I took earlier this month is not the best. I just didn't want to miss posting a photo so I posted it. I'll try to get a better pic before for the month's end. If you look back at my post from September 28th you can easily see 5 eyes with no problem.

10. coral4me

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 4.11.56 PM.png
    Ok, I took another picture. Five eyes can easily be seen, the other two are still in the process of coming in, so we'll see what happens by next month. Good luck everyone!

11. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

Matt, you definitely have a green thumb when it comes to chalices.

coral4me likes this.
  12. Vhuang168

[​IMG]

Looks like a 2nd eye is forming above the 1st one

coral4me likes this.
  13. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

I'm out guys, missed my 2nd month :(

I have manged to keep my frag growing, slow growth but it's doing well at least.

14. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Here is my Dec pic

[​IMG]

Jon

coral4me likes this.
  15. coral4me

Ok, so after the Chalice getting stung a few times throughout the year it looks like I ended up with 5 eyes and a 6th one coming in. IMG_3180.JPG

Here in the center of the Orange you can see a round section where the sixth one is working on coming in.
    IMG_3181.JPG

Geneva likes this.
  16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Here's my final pic. Still only 3 polyps meaning there was only one polyp of new growth. I believe that puts Matt in first place, and me in second.

DSC06378.jpg

coral4me likes this.
  17. Vhuang168

[​IMG]

Mine

18. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I wanted to post this video of my coral's sweeper tentacles since this is the first time I'd actually seen them.

Also, according to the rules there is a $50 gift card for the first and second place winners. If I'm not mistaken that is @<3-2-reef and myself. How do we go about receiving our loot? :)

Ashalye, Geneva and jonmos75 like this.
  19. coral4me

Hi Flagg37, did you ever hear how and when we'll receive our $50 gift card prizes?

20. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Nope. I'm sure @Coral reefer would know. I was also the winner for the utter chaos contest.