Our mission

Grow over superglue?

Nav

I have a few mini colonies of zoas that I have superglued to my LR. It's glued in a way that a small part of the actual colony base touches my LR while another large area has superglue connecting to LR.

I'm wondering if the zoas can grow over the superglue and spread to my LR or does it only spread where the rock-rock touches?

Might be a stupid Q, newbie here :)

Superglue is like magic.

It'll be fine. I super glue everything down in the event I want to move them it'll be easy.

Reactions: Nav
So when I brake big branches off my Sps when cleaning or doing maintenance.....I've taken to super glueing them back to the mother colony. Works like a charm. Within a week you can't tell at all. MAGIC!!

It will grow over the glue but in my experience if you stick the bottom of a single polyp in the glue so it covers most the bottom it will shrivel up, slime and and either melt or try and relocate itself.

I probably have estimated 40pounds of super glue in my tank...most coral will grow over it np.ive fragged countless ZnP. Almost everyday for years....few problems now ..practice maybe ..Ill glue single polip have no isses.sometimes cutting the corals irritate s ..and ill loose a frag. Ive even tried to graft two palys. Just be careful with cutting them....wear eye protection and gloves.

Reactions: Nav
Back