Our mission

Hail from Stockton

I thought I would start a journal here cause you guys have been great. Give u a quick run down.

I am a dad of 4 and a husband of one at the age of 40. I have been working most of my life from different levels of secuity and foster parent of 4 boys the world had left behind cause they just couldnt handle nor love them enough as i did all those years. World decied i could offer them no more guidance and sent them in 4 different directions. As for my wife and two kids, we were sent back to the bottem to start all over. No jobs no money but we did fall to family and that is why we are thankful for family. I found work and worked more hours then my family liked but it needed to be done and i was not done getting us back on track. I got sick but again I didn't take time off to get better, took my a hard 6 months to become a leader and i loved my work. Co-workers started getting worried (some happy in a way cause they wanted my position) when i would go to handle a call and last they see me was jumping a fence to get a closer look, but I didn't return for almost 45 mins. It was getting harder to bounce back and was found on my parents bathroom floor having trouble breathing. Went home and tried to rest but something told me I could get to the ER get a shot and a smack on the back of the head (wife only one allowed) and told get back to work. Yea NOT! ER packed and still having hard time catching my breath they called me in and did their normal check out. Your fat and u work to many hours, thanks doc now get me back to work. They did one last test and said its a good thing u came in tonight, call who u need to but u won't be going anywhere for awhile and before u knew it I was in a room hooked up to everything but a car battery. CHF is what they called it, heart was working at 11% and i have 10 or more pounds of liqued that didn't belong. Needless to say the damage is done and i won't be jumping over anything chasing anyone ever again. 3 years later I am at 42% and its not going any higher, was told to get a relaxing hobby. Been doing this about a year now and started out with a 35 gallon saltwater tank, just love watching fish. Some how I ended up getting into corals and stuff. I watch my tank everyday and sometimes more then my family.. shhh I upgraded to a 75 gallon reef tank with led lights and lots of corals. It was like a new lease on life, trading corals and travel has been a blast. I took on a small 25 gallon reef tank already done just had to move it. It was infested with green bubble and i did everything I thought I could, end resualt a success cause I ripped out the rock and put in. a frag rack to help with my addiction of getting and growing more corals. I will add pictures tomorrow but I met a guy at a reefer club and as I was learning and getting some CHEAP coral he said that he has been doing this for years and it can get costly (wait more then what I already spent of my savings there is more to buy?) I'm on disability and have wife and two kids, we don't have extra money and my wife home schools one of our children. I was doomed... he informs me that only way he affords it is to grow, trade and sell coral just enough to buy what he needs to keep the tanks going. When u have those then give back until its time for more supplise. Very nice guy and even sends me home with my first couple of zoas and said remember this day a stranger gives u a gift and only asks in return is to do the same once I grow more. I call my self heavenly corals cause I have found peace and heartack in this hobby and its my little slice of heaven. Sorry for long story... thank you to all of u who have given back and not asked anything in return but to pass on the knowledge u were given... promise tomorrow ill post pictures..

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

So besides sharing in my last post there were more then one reason for sharing... I have been fragging for a couple months and have gotten good at it. BUT I believe I have also poisoned myself a few times. First time was right after my first fragging zoas, yes I washed my hands and thought I was careful. I have now done this a few times and the stomach pain and everything else that runs out did... so gross... after tearing the green bubble tank apart (see green bubble thread for more info) I am yet sick again, just bad timming I don't know but I can't eat or sit still. I'm a big baby when sick, wife throws me the remote and says get over it. Its been 3 days and Thanksgiving is coming... what am I doing wrong? Why do i keep getting g sick with same symptoms but they last longer then the last one...

Allergic reaction?

Palythoa toxin?

Do you use gloves? Mask? Eye protection?

Allergic reaction is what my wife is saying, I have never used gloves or mask. I wear my normal glasses but nothing has hit my face that I know of.. I am hoping to sell some coral to pick up salt and gloves and mask I guess.. laying on the couch for 3 days is just bad plus the rest of time in bathroom. took us 3 hours to watch a 30 min TV show..

I'm not aware of allergies causing, um, enteric distress. :( I'm NOT a doctor so don't trust anything I say!

Should you go see a doctor? Are you getting better or worse?

Google 'Palythoa toxin'. Some sobering stories.

Check out:
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blo...-poisoning-almost-killed-myself-wife-and-dogs

Will be checking out that web site but I think I'm doing better.. have to get some kind of gloves though. I love fragging my zoas..

Here are pictures, they are in no order

These are of my 25 gallon reef tank...
9a9esyra.jpg

yqasase4.jpg

2u4erepu.jpg

ytegeruj.jpg

u9a4ute9.jpg

erapatyp.jpg

uhy2uvut.jpg

What it looks like now as my frag tank....
py5yte6u.jpg

I have have really liked some coral I lost

Looking for any of the hornets, lost my black one and I have red and blue ones. Lost most of my people eaters that I would like to find again. I do have the purple ones. Anyone help me out?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Back