Kessil

Heard of Inter-American Pet Supply (Custom Glass Starfire Tanks)

I would guess US Customs. USPS is a private company, you need to contact a Federal agency.

Sometimes the shipper takes care of all the work. When we export sometimes we cover the fees, sometimes we don't. Not sure what NAFTA can do in this area, contact US Customs and ask them.

IA should be able to tell you all that as well.

What do you guys think of these measurements for the tank 48"x26x26.. I cant really go wider, but should I go 2" taller to 28" At the shorter size think that comes out to a 150. Can a single over flow still handle the extra water volume?

Trying to figure out what it should be design wise. What would you guys recommend layout wise?

60 wide X 30 deep by 22 tall

Made it up on the fly. Honestly deeper and shallower is better. Means more aquascape room and less need for more intense lights.

seminolecpa said:
60 wide X 30 deep by 22 tall

Made it up on the fly. Honestly deeper and shallower is better. Means more aquascape room and less need for more intense lights.

+1. I think he meant "wider" and shallower. at 24" or deeper you have access issues for reaching the bottom at the back of the tank.

Another thing to consider. Though I really like my external overflows, if my tank (24" deep) was any deeper (again front to back), it wouldn't have fit through my door. We already had to take out the molding to have it just barely squeeze in.

VERY Good point! my door access is 28-29"

So at 26" I could not have a external overflow fit into the room! So maybe I have to have a internal overflow and gain extra depth on the footprint. I think 28" deep would be better than the standard 24" more room in the tank for corals/fish, if I have to give up on the external over flow.

So I guess the max size I could do is 48" Wide, 28" Deep, 24" Tall with a internal overflow, so that would make it a 140 Gallon.

So if it's a internal overflow, does the back center make the most sense? Or should it go in one corner or the side?

Check your door size to be sure. I think my tank is a total of 30" deep with the overflows and just made it through.

I am thinking the best idea is 2 overflows vs. 1 though

Yeah thats prolly right, the guy said the external overflows add about 5" to the width. I wouldnt want to push the width so close that the tank gets scratched or I have to remove the framing to get it in. So 28 prolly is a good even number.

If I added a second overflow, then two corners? One just wouldnt be enough then for a 140? But then again when I think about it standard 180's always have two, so I guess it would error on the better side rather to have two than one, also I guess if one ever got clogged the other one would still be open.

:) yeah didnt think of carrying that tank that way! and OMG yes it would be heavy! I have a 220 Glass freshwater tank 3/4 glass that was a beast to get into the house even for 6 people.

So, I have one of those Genie Superlifts that Bryan used to move his tank that is under-utilized. SL-20 as I recall. 800 lbs 20 feet in the air or something like that but needs to be on level surfaces. I would consider a loan to a club reefer. I'd probably sell it for the right price as well.

wow thats awesome! what a cool tool! I need one :)

Thanks for offering the loan I may take you up on that one day when I need to move my 220 glass again:)

Back