Jestersix

Heaths Dorid

First on the experiment list....

1cd766df376aa4df8fcb9df72b8fca79.jpg

Anyone have experience with these?

8299d589f64f1c26c0498c28ac527944.jpg

It seems to like the macroalgae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have sponges in there to feed it?

I thought they were more a cold water species. What temp are you running that tank?

It might like some rocks too.

Do you have sponges in there to feed it?

I thought they were more a cold water species. What temp are you running that tank?

It might like some rocks too.

Heres the whole setup.

9cdfdf79b536146148007bc989233a5e.jpg

Theres a snail in there that has a shell covered in sponges. It gets chased and smothered by the nudi occasionally. Only been a few days since I introduced the snail so Ill find out soon enough if its after the sponge, the snail, or both. Nudis are the hardest little buggers to keep alive.... but im glad it instantly ate some of the algae I put in.

Its sluggish in 60F water but once the temperature is 70-75, it started eating and roaming more actively. In a cold versus warm environment, I observe it doing better in warmer water. Doesnt once try to get out of the water like sea hares and turbos try in other tanks. The water is also measured at 1.02 instead of 1.025 salinity. I did not put any rocks because it would make it hard to observe its characteristics.

Im going to drop in some zoa rocks and see if it eats it. No luck feeding it gsp or live clams. After that, Im going down the list with mushrooms, lps, sps, etc. Going to see what kind of colors I can turn it into by feeding it certain colored foods. If it eats Asterina stars, this thing is going to be a happy nudi. For asternia and crabs to go in, I have to observe for a long period of time undistracted to make sure the nudibranch either eats them or leaves them alone. Wouldnt want a prey turning into a predator for my centerpiece blob.

Priority is going down the list of food in its natural environment to zone in on specific food sources to keep it alive before testing what it also eats....

The polkadot one is 100% a nudi-eating nudibranch though.

f8a000e21d48ef71f195b9b0fb12ec40.jpg

4fe22c1d71ba8bd4a8c8a9df6769ce88.jpg

It laid eggs!! Lets see if I can get them to hatch and have millions! Does this mean its healthy enough to reproduce? Or is it stressed where its reproducing. Cant really tell... it just roams doing the same thing 24-7.

It does not seem to be eating any coral... reef safe? I noticed it gets sluggish at 76F so I keep the temperature around 72. Added blue legged hermits. Maybe add a sea cucumber or starfish and see if it eats those.

Decided to put some rock. Maybe it would create a home experience.

Back